palancar, columbia, and el ceilo

pandarider123

• 3 weeks later...

We stopped in Cozumel last month and all we wanted to do was snorkel off the beach. We were originally planning on heading to Chankanaab (sp) but once we were in the taxi we started talking to the driver and he said he thought we would like Playa Palancar better so we took his advice and went there. We were so happy with it, it was the best day of our cruise. There is no cover charge to get in, they just want you to order food and drinks sometime during the day. The beach is beautiful and the food was surprisingly great!

Now back to the snorkeling....there is not a reef here so it is not the most amazing snorkeling I have ever done but if you swim out toward the buoys there are several places with tons of different species of fish, several people were finding starfish, and two members of our group say a stingray.

We loved it because it was a great beach to hang out at, good snorkeling, and all it cost was the taxi fare and food, if you have your own snorkeling gear. We purchased some at Sunplay before our trip.

I can't really comment on the boat excursions as I haven't done one but Playa Palancar was great for snorkeling right off the beach and relaxing, like I said best day of this cruise!