For those that flew to Fl with DENNIS

Is anyone back that can tell me what you experienced flying out while huricane dennis was looming near FL? Did you have any delays, Cancelled flights? I'm trying to gather info since we will be flying to FL during hurricane season and want to know what to do if one is looming in my direction.

Thanks.

I had read in the newspapers that flights were delayed. I would certainly fly in the day before. Are you doing your own air? Dennis only brushed by us, no direct hit. Just some thunder storms. Nothing unusual for this time of the year. The airports were open. I live 10 minutes from the ft lauderdale airport. :)

DEFINITELY fly in at LEAST a day early, preferrably at least 2 or 3 just to be safe. As the previous poster said, Dennis just brushed Miami & Fort Lauderdale and the airports were open. There were however some delays, but quite frankly that's normal at our overstressed airports. There are frequently lengthy ATC delays at FLL even on a clear, sunny day just due to the high volume of air traffic.

Flying in early gives you a buffer against any flight cancellations/delays, gives any lost luggage time to catch up with you, and gives you the ability to board the ship early, well rested, and be able to fully enjoy that first day onboard.

we flew into Miami last Friday night just as Dennis was nearing. We had a 3 hour delay out of Philadelphia and landed in Miami about 11:30pm. I was really glad we had decided to go the night before. The ship did leave the next day 3 hours later than scheduled waiting for people that had some trouble getting in, I did notice people boarding the ship in Jamaica, so I think others missed the boat

Suzanne

Archived