Clothing Question...???

Jasjas

I read somewhere that one should buy your warm windbreaker in Alaska....Our September cruise starts in Seaward . Is this good advice and what would roughly be the price of a warm and/or waterproof jacket in Anchorage or Seward ?

What do passengers wear to dinner in the main diningrooms on Norwegian Sun on an Alaskan cruise in September.

Thanx for any advice...I do appreciate.

We live in sunny South Africa where it is never really cold.

Personally, I take my warm weather clothes with me, but I live in the Chicago area now a days and having lived in Alaska, I'm fairly accustomed to the cold (though winters in the Chicago area are worse than anything I remember in Alaska).

If you have time in Anchorage and don't mind renting a car or spending a few bucks on taxi fare, you could hit up Wal-Mart and Fred Meyers. Both have an area with Alaska "touristy" stuff and you could probably pick up your windbreakers,sweaters, and warm coats cheaper than in the tourist shops at any stop. If you don't like the selection of "touristy" clothes, you could hit their regular clothing areas and see if you can find something you like there.

Just my opinion

if you're only taking a windbreaker you will need a sweatshirt, wool sweater or something else warm to wear underneath. The weather can be iffy in Sept ... it might be sunny and warm or an early fall storm might blow in and it could be raining wet and 45. I always take a waterproof hooded jacket.