Carnival | Magic | May 25, 2014 | G&L

BJWill

I really wish they had more theme parties and it would be so helpful if they would make the Funtimes available for us online a week or so before the cruise so that people could plan for the activities.

Well there are jewels...and then there are the jewels...it's good to bring both! I have quite the stock pile of beads as well so I will bring mine too. Maybe trade a few! There are some I just cant part with though.

Luke isn't always the most butch, but I've seen him in concert and he can move in those painted on jeans and boots!!!

I looked for the Fun Times on line, not there. Menus are. Tuesday looks boring so to the Steakhouse it is.

Cool on the beads. We'll bring a pile and anyone else who wants to. We can always give them away to "friendlies" we might encounter. Yes, I'm not bringing my favorite bobbles either.

For themed parties, we could do a cabin crawl. We did one on one cruise I took on a Sea Day and it was a hoot! We just went to everyone in the group's cabin to see the different cabins available. Some people decorated. And the proper hostesses had party favors....I'm pretty sure they were Junior League-rs from Dallas. I digress. The rule was that when the group came to your cabin, you had to have your favorite shot mixed for them. Which meant you had to smuggle booze on board. The other rule was, the crawl started at a bar and had to stop at a bar after a maximum of two cabins visited, or whenever one had to pass a bar on the way to the next cabin. At the end, we were crawling! We had 10 cabins on the tour!!!

Our Vaca officially begins a week from today. My liver is in priming mode now.:p

I looked for the Fun Times on line, not there. Menus are. Tuesday looks boring so to the Steakhouse it is.

Cool on the beads. We'll bring a pile and anyone else who wants to. We can always give them away to "friendlies" we might encounter. Yes, I'm not bringing my favorite bobbles either.

For themed parties, we could do a cabin crawl. We did one on one cruise I took on a Sea Day and it was a hoot! We just went to everyone in the group's cabin to see the different cabins available. Some people decorated. And the proper hostesses had party favors....I'm pretty sure they were Junior League-rs from Dallas. I digress. The rule was that when the group came to your cabin, you had to have your favorite shot mixed for them. Which meant you had to smuggle booze on board. The other rule was, the crawl started at a bar and had to stop at a bar after a maximum of two cabins visited, or whenever one had to pass a bar on the way to the next cabin. At the end, we were crawling! We had 10 cabins on the tour!!!

Our Vaca officially begins a week from today. My liver is in priming mode now.:p

We still have the Fun Times from our Feb 23 cruise. If you want those as a guide, maybe we can get those to you early next week before you head out. The daily events may change a bit, but not much.

Beads? Heck no. As far as I'm concerned, Mardi Gras was over on Ash Wednesday. Sorry . . . . am I sounding like a bit of a prude? It's just that we have cases of them in the garage. Tony is a member of a mardi-gras fund-raiser krewe in Houston. They just had their annual ball earlier in the year. With that comes the obligatory throwing of the beads. Funny, though . . . as many as he tosses, I seem to collect just that much more. Those suckers just seem to multiply when we aren't looking.

We did take some on the last cruise but had a hard time giving them away. Even left them hanging on our mail-box. Almost nobody wanted them. And it was even a week before Mardi Gras. Finally gave the last ones out in the terminal building at debarkation.

Not so sure on the cabin crawl for us. But a pub crawl and/or slot pull is do-able. We participated in both on our cruise last fall. Really great fun.

We still have the Fun Times from our Feb 23 cruise. If you want those as a guide, maybe we can get those to you early next week before you head out. The daily events may change a bit, but not much.

Beads? Heck no. As far as I'm concerned, Mardi Gras was over on Ash Wednesday. Sorry . . . . am I sounding like a bit of a prude? It's just that we have cases of them in the garage. Tony is a member of a mardi-gras fund-raiser krewe in Houston. They just had their annual ball earlier in the year. With that comes the obligatory throwing of the beads. Funny, though . . . as many as he tosses, I seem to collect just that much more. Those suckers just seem to multiply when we aren't looking.

We did take some on the last cruise but had a hard time giving them away. Even left them hanging on our mail-box. Almost nobody wanted them. And it was even a week before Mardi Gras. Finally gave the last ones out in the terminal building at debarkation.

Not so sure on the cabin crawl for us. But a pub crawl and/or slot pull is do-able. We participated in both on our cruise last fall. Really great fun.

Ok, Jon votes against cabin crawl. We could do a pub crawl for someone's birthday!!! Would that make you happier? :D:D

I'm still bringing beads. I got too damn many too! Yes they do multiply. Our kind has a hard time not collecting anything that's shiny.:p

We definitely do not need to bring home any additional beads or any other junk for that matter. We have gotten to where we do not even buy souvenirs for ourselves unless it is a ball cap (Mike) or an occasional t-shirt if it is not too touristy looking.

I wouldn't mind seeing a copy of the funtimes that you have from February. Doug and I are on the FB page for our sail date. Have you joined that group Jon? I think I found you on FB and sent a friend request unless that was not you then some random Jonathan may become my new friend. That would be a way that I could send you my e-mail through private message instead of posting it on the blog for everyone. Unless you have another recommendation?

So I have heard of the cabin crawl and pub crawl, but not the slot pull...how does that work?

We definitely do not need to bring home any additional beads or any other junk for that matter. We have gotten to where we do not even buy souvenirs for ourselves unless it is a ball cap (Mike) or an occasional t-shirt if it is not too touristy looking.

I wouldn't mind seeing a copy of the funtimes that you have from February. Doug and I are on the FB page for our sail date. Have you joined that group Jon? I think I found you on FB and sent a friend request unless that was not you then some random Jonathan may become my new friend. That would be a way that I could send you my e-mail through private message instead of posting it on the blog for everyone. Unless you have another recommendation?

So I have heard of the cabin crawl and pub crawl, but not the slot pull...how does that work?

We didn't join the other roll call. Didn't see your friend request, but I don't do much on f b anyway. I just use it to keep up with some of my co-workers and relatives . . . probably more the former than the latter :eek:. Don't search for Jonathan. Listed as Jon. Include Texas State. You'll find me.

I'll scan the fun times in a few days and get them to you, or post them here. Would have done this sooner, but I am getting so busy at work. So is Tony. Pulling my hair out now . . . and if you see my f b pic, you'll know I don't have that much to work with.

Slot pull . . . we did one on our cruise on the Valor last fall. In fact this was the most lively roll call we have ever participated in. One of the members coordinated the M&G, pub crawl and slot pull. You should be able to get some info here. Check out post #648 on page 33 of this roll-call thread. There Greg describes it pretty well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39897584&highlight=slot+pull#post39897584

Then, if you have time, read through the rest of that thread. It got really interesting the closer we got to sail date.

Ok, Slot Pull sounds fun! Let's do that! We can arrange that time closer to cruise time.

Sounds like you guys had a fun group on that cruise Jon. I'm sure ours group will be fun too.

We are still trying to get a Fast to the Fun ticket for this cruise. I keep checking several times a day. I understand that there will likely be some available closer to the cruise.

I agree that the slot pull sounds like a good time! Should we recommend that to the greater general public in the other roll call?

And Jon did you ever get that unitard mankini?? That may earn you a bottle of grey goose on my account!

Doug, did you ever get the FTTF yesterday? The last room in our group got his yesterday and saw that he posted a reply to yours on the fb page. By the way, he is the Little James (LJ) to my Big James (BJ) in our group.

You just keep rubbing it in that you get to take that Easter cruise!! We are going down to Houston this Thursday to spend the weekend with Todd's uncle. Uncle has a house at Lake Livingston and the weather should be nice enough for sea-doos but that's no cruise!

We also thought about going back to his condo early enough on Sunday to check out Bunnies on the Bayou...do you know anything about that?

Sorry to rub it in! <sorta> We are heading to the beach house Friday morning. One of the neighbors on the island has an annual Good Friday Crawfish Boil which is a lot of drinking and a lot of fun so going to that. Then our friends from AZ come Saturday so we'll put one of the boats in the water and take them for tour. Then Sunday head up for the cruise.

Weather looks to be great this weekend. It was cold this morning though! Geez! I have never been to "Bunnies on the Bayou". I hear it's a hoot! I have a friend who is going. You can probably google it.

Just a quick google search on the above topic pointed me right back to CC . . to an older thread. But lot's of good info here. There are several variations. Like Monopoly, you can adjust the game and bend the rules a bit to fit your group.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1293215

As I remember, we had about a dozen people on our slot pull last fall. But I also remember that there was a good deal of score-keeping. Larger groups obviously mean more score-keeping. Might want to keep that in mind if you want to bring in the rest of the group. I'm OK either way. But I will likely be a cheerleader rather than a player. I might even have the outfit for it.:D Hmmmm .. . . maybe it's waaaaaay back in the closet . . right next to that green man-kini unitard !

Here's a thought on that: Green Unitard + LOTS of Grey Goose = Hairy Chest Competition !!! EEEEEWWWWW !!!

Not a fan of crawfish but the rest sounds like a blast! You guys are going to have a great Easter weekend-week!!! Did some research on the Bunnies on the Bayou and it looks like we may give it a try.

Okay so the idea of being a score keeper sounds a bit exhausting to someone who will most likely have both hands full of cocktails (read that as you wish) so I will gladly play but I hope someone more diligent will be the MC and score keeper.

As I lack the required feature to being a competitor of the hairy chest contest, I will be front and center to cheer you on once we have ensured the proper amount of Grey Goose has been delivered to you!!! I will even rally votes for you from the crowd...unless Johnny Skandros or one of his most viewed are standing beside you in the competition...then I may not be around long enough for the vote.

As I lack the required feature to being a competitor of the hairy chest contest, I will be front and center to cheer you on once we have ensured the proper amount of Grey Goose has been delivered to you!!! I will even rally votes for you from the crowd...unless Johnny Skandros or one of his most viewed are standing beside you in the competition...then I may not be around long enough for the vote.

Hmmmmm . . . maybe I'd better rethink this. While I probably do qualify with respect to the physical feature as suggested by the name of the event, I am sadly lacking in the other qualifications that I have seen others so proudly display. For instance, I cannot . . will not . . perform a Tarzan yell. And most surely I do not possess the coordination that would allow me to wow the audience with my shakin' and groovin' body moves. In short, there's not enough alcohol (Grey Goose included) on the ship that would get me on stage. Or if there is, be sure to give me enough to make me pass out. Then I think I would be safe . . . . or would I?

Thanks for the FT copies! So looking forward to 5 pm today!

Hmmmmm . . . maybe I'd better rethink this. While I probably do qualify with respect to the physical feature as suggested by the name of the event, I am sadly lacking in the other qualifications that I have seen others so proudly display. For instance, I cannot . . will not . . perform a Tarzan yell. And most surely I do not possess the coordination that would allow me to wow the audience with my shakin' and groovin' body moves. In short, there's not enough alcohol (Grey Goose included) on the ship that would get me on stage. Or if there is, be sure to give me enough to make me pass out. Then I think I would be safe . . . . or would I?

Jon, I really think decisions like this should only be made "in the moment" and with the advise of your new friends (us)! Let's not be hasty here. I'm sure you greatly underestimate your talents. Remember we have met you and I'm sure you can be very entertaining. ;)

Yes! Thank you for the FTs. Hopefully I can do some pre-planning and be prepared to keep up with you rowdy guys.

And oh sweet dear Jon...there are more ways than one to induce a Tarzan yell and rest assured, your new found friends will be glad to help make that happen. In my experience it really doesn't matter how good you are at the competitions as long as your friends are louder than the other competitors friends. I challenge anyone to try be louder than a gaggle of gays!!!

Jon, I don't know about you guys but we are having a bad case of cruise envy over Doug and Mike this week!

My group decided to book an excursion from Belize that will fly us over to Ambergris Caye for the day.

Cant wait for Doug to get back so he can tell us all about it.

Ambergris Caye !!! NICE! And what a great way to distract you from the jealousy. Rub it in when D & M return.

Tony & I are laying low on this cruise. Our only excursion is cave tubing (also Belize). After many recommendations, we are going with cavetubing.bz.

At Roatan and Coz, we will just wing it. As the saying goes . . "If it feels good, do it." Who knows, I may just take one of those days and crash on the balcony while Tony goes shopping or snorkeling. We both have been going a mile a minute at work over these last few weeks. For myself, all I can think of now is sea breezes, ocean views, and an adult beverage of choice. Of course, I say this now, but I also know all of those lofty ideas go down the tubes the minute we step up on the gang way on Sunday. Dang. Hate it when that happens.:rolleyes:

We texted D & M as they were heading to port on Sunday and wished them a good time. Later that day, I watched the live webcam at the port of Galveston to see the Magic sail away. And a couple of times since then, I thought I saw them on the Magic's Lido Deck cam. Hard to tell on this because it's not streaming .. . . just about a 30 sec refresh or so.

Speaking of balconies, what cabin #'s did you snag for your group? I think I remember something about extended aft balconies. Was that right? What deck? We are in 7425. Starboard aft. Just enough behind and above the deck 5 walkway outside so as to not be easily seen by passers by. On our past cruises on the Magic, we have been in the hot tubs on the lanai on deck 5 was able to stare directly into the balconies on deck 6. We knew then we would not be booking one of those. Just not enough privacy for . . .uh . . . well . . . yeah.

Have you been to Ambergris Caye? One of the people in my group found it and I haven't even researched to determine what it is all about. My preference was the cave tubing since you cant do that just anywhere but no one else was interested so I decided to just go with the flow to keep peace among the group...its much easier to just let them have their way. I can find a bar to have a drink or five and make it all okay.

I'm sure they are having a blast this week and hopefully scoping out the fun things to relay back to us when they return.

Me and my partner are in 8477. We had another one of our couples right next to us but one of the two had to cancel for work so he was replaced with a female friend of ours. We want to open the divider between the two balconies and have an even bigger outdoor living area since the last two couples are in interior rooms they will spend a bit of time on our balconies as well and we need the space. That being said...privacy from above or below is not as much of a concern in our situation :(