Celebrity Reflection - Running Track

Bekah90

I’m a pretty dedicated runner, it’s something I do everyday, and given my choice I’d rather run outside on a track then on a treadmill especially since a treadmill is apparently a pretty tough thing to find available.

Does Reflection have a track? Has anyone run on it? Was it a good experience?

Edited by Bekah90

We were on the Reflection last Nov. We run 10-12 Half Marathons a year. It is a very tight loop, 8 laps for a mile, and by 8:00 it starts getting busy with folks enjoying a morning cup of coffee and watching the water. From a runner's out look, nope! But from being on a wonderful cruise Ship it dont get much better. for miles we went to the dread mills:D

Not only are treadmills sometimes hard to get, but if the seas are the least bit rough it can be really hard to run on a treadmill. They really get to rocking & rolling. If you find you really want to run on a treadmill, go to the gym when the ship is in port - especially in the afternoon. The place will be close to deserted.

The track can be a bit monotonous, but the view is spectacular. Be sure to put on your sunscreen!

Hmmm. I suppose I’ll have to scope the track out myself and see if getting up early (6:30am)will help me find an available treadmill. Are the machines first-come-first-serve or can you reserve them in advance?

Hmmm. I suppose I’ll have to scope the track out myself and see if getting up early (6:30am)will help me find an available treadmill. Are the machines first-come-first-serve or can you reserve them in advance?

I'm an early riser and usually don't have problems getting a treadmill at that time. :):) Hope this helps

The older ships had better outdoor running venues, never great. But my modus operandi now, not choosing to get up too early but run later in the day. We have late seating and I run outdoors around 6:00 or 6:30 when everyone is either at dinner or getting ready for dinner. And the sun is setting so it is not too hot. Has worked very well over the years, more recently on Eclipse and Silhouette. Not a great track, being small, but at that time it is pretty empty, just need to dodge an occasional pool butler stacking up the chaises. There is room to move. Beside being bored to death with treadmills, they are now murder on my knees so i have no choice. But if you have late seating or select dining and can dine a bit later my method has worked over many years of cruising.

Edited by Benjo8

We have found that the gym is really busy on days 1, 2 & 3 ... After that the chances are good that you'll have no problem finding a treadmill.

The time limit is only expected when there are people waiting.

We both have running programs and I have no problems on the track until about 7:30. You will have to dodge people, but it's no worse than the first mile of any popular race!

I'm very dedicated runner as well. We just came back from Oasis and we absolutely loved the track there. Now we are considering Equinox next winter and having also problem with E:s track. I do have to get my run almoust every day and I really don't like treadmills. We are considering running on shores. I read somewhere that Independences gym offers running maps. Could there be maps on celebrity as well?

I'm very dedicated runner as well. We just came back from Oasis and we absolutely loved the track there. I read somewhere that Independences gym offers running maps. Could there be maps on celebrity as well?

The only thing we have found are the Ship deck plans. The Reflection is the only S-class with a solid deck 15, where were able to modify our run from the front to the aft tho at a very slower pace :D tho I guess you could add the stairs down to 14 and back up for some cross training:)

As I mentioned before, the Freedom class on RCCL have tracks designed by Runners World and are the best!

Edited by wallie5446

The only thing we have found are the Ship deck plans. The Reflection is the only S-class with a solid deck 15, where were able to modify our run from the front to the aft tho at a very slower pace :D tho I guess you could add the stairs down to 14 and back up for some cross training:)

As I mentioned before, the Freedom class on RCCL have tracks designed by Runners World and are the best!

Allure of the Seas I thought had the best running track I have seen on a cruise ship. It went around the entire outside of the ship, with a slight incline. The only complaint I had there was supposed to be runner and walking lanes, but not everybody was abiding by the rules and were walking beside multiple people occupying multiple lanes. It was great for building up distance, I don't really like running loops on the smaller ships.