NHL Games on DCL?

STL2006

We leave for our Disney Cruise in a few days, and due to the luck of scheduling, my hometown Blues are playing 3 games while we're on the cruise (We're diehards, don't miss a game). Anywhere to catch the games, or am I out of luck? I know on the road traveling for work I could usually hit a BWW or other sports bar and maybe get them on Center Ice. Any chance of this on DCL or is it pretty much all TVs in pubs tuned to 1 or 2 games? Thanks for any info/advice!

Since Disney owns ESPN' date=' there are 3 or 4 ESPN stations on the stateroom TVs. You can ASK that they put on whatever you want in the sports bar on board--but majority rules there.[/quote']

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think ESPN has a contract to televise NHL games, do they? (I thought NBC had it...).

Regardless, DCL will -only- have ABC-related networks on its TVs, plus the CNN stuff. Maybe they have exceptions (e.g. March Madness, Super Bowl, etc.) but my hunch is that, if what you want ain't on ESPN, they ain't got it.

I honestly have no idea what is on ESPN or when...but figured that OP knew that piece. My point was that ESPN was available on the cruise IF the sports event one wished to see was broadcast by them. And it isn't just one channel of ESPN--I think it was 4. Sorry for any confusion.

I honestly have no idea what is on ESPN or when...but figured that OP knew that piece. My point was that ESPN was available on the cruise IF the sports event one wished to see was broadcast by them. And it isn't just one channel of ESPN--I think it was 4. Sorry for any confusion.

Sorry -- I wasn't trying to insinuate that you should know who carries what. I was tossing that out there for the benefit of the OP.

Diversions (Wonder & Magic) and 687/O'Gills Pub (Fantasty and Dream) is a all purpose pub and sports bar. They have numerous TV's showing various sports channels. No guarantee as to what will be on.

If you have a request, you can ask the bartender. If you are the only person in there (which is not unheard of), they will change it. If there is a group...it is group consensus or no change of channel.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Dream last year and they initially didn't have the hockey games but because of cruise interest bought a package and showed most of the playoff games in the 687 lounge. The bartender told us multiple times that the cruise line had purchased the extra package. It was not available in rooms only at the sports bar. I'm from the west coast so hockey didn't mean much to me but was a big hit with all the New Yorkers on board.