Pay account on-board?

mrsdoc3

OP here. Went on-line to use Visa pre-paid debit card to buy OBC. The web site plainly says that only credit cards are accepted. Called the phone # on the page to see if I could use Visa debit card, and was on hold for longer than I wanted to be (more than 10 minutes). So, I stared the order and entered gift card numbers as if they were credit card numbers. It accepted the order and gave me a receipt, which I saved. I then received an e-mail saying that my order was received, and unless I heard back from them, would be processed. It also said if they were unable to process the order, then they would send me another e-mail.

I haven't received a second e-mail yet, so I am guessing (and hoping) that they were able to process the order on the debit card.

Well, after reading another thread about purchasing OBC (another poster also was trying to use a gift card), I went back to check the balance of my gift card, and the purchase did not go through. The web site that I had to register my gift card in order to shop on line. So, I registered the card and went through the process again of buying some OBC. Got the same "confirmation" e-mail from Celebrity. Guess I will need to check again in a couple of days to see if this one actually went through. The e-mails say that I will get another e-mail if the transaction does not process, but I didn't get such an e-mail.