Things to do and see around the dock?

DisneyKidsDad

My family and I will be on an RCCL cruise this spring stopping in Antigua. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user. RCCL doesn't offer any accessible excursions. Is there much to do and see right around the dock? Or does anyone know of any accessible transportation on the island?

My family and I will be on an RCCL cruise this spring stopping in Antigua. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user. RCCL doesn't offer any accessible excursions. Is there much to do and see right around the dock? Or does anyone know of any accessible transportation on the island?

We have spent some time walking around the port area of the city and I am sorry to say, I don't feel it is very wheelchair friendly. The few blocks right near the pier may be ok, but the sidewalks are pretty broken up, having to step over gutters etc. You will find a few stores for some shopping, but to go beyond a few blocks you would have to walk in the street and I don't recommend that. Maybe someone knows of a taxi company that is accessible. Sorry I don't have better news.