Carnival Spirit Obstructed Balcony

belpaul

Hi, I am considering booking a category 74 obstructed balcony cabin and wondering if anyone has travelled in these? We really just want the convenience of fresh air, if course some view would be nice. It is only a saving if $200 for the duration of the 9 nt cruise, am interested to know how 'obstructed' the view is? Another option is the extended balcony, is this just a larger balcony or us the interior larger as well? Thanks!

Hi, I am considering booking a category 74 obstructed balcony cabin and wondering if anyone has travelled in these? We really just want the convenience of fresh air, if course some view would be nice. It is only a saving if $200 for the duration of the 9 nt cruise, am interested to know how 'obstructed' the view is? Another option is the extended balcony, is this just a larger balcony or us the interior larger as well? Thanks!

I had an obstructed balcony on the Spirit and sister ship Miracle. They are a great value. You have an ocean view with a life boat beneath the balcony. You and to make sure you have a smaller lifeboat so the view is not as obstructed. Cabin 5185 or 5228 are great.

We have always had a 7A on the Pride, sister of the Spirit. This time we have 5174. We have had 5176 & 78. Try not to book a cabin above the first 3 lifeboats. Those lifeboats are taller.

For the price, you can't go wrong.

Edited by retiredgram

I was in cabin 5232 on the Spirit repo cruise to Australia. It was a great cabin, and the lifeboats are at deck level, so it doesn't obstruct the view out.

My friends had cabin 5236, which has the extra long balcony.

The only cabins to avoid are the ones behind the first 3 tender/lifeboats...they are taller and will partially block the view.