Making a young lady's cruise very special

She will be traveling on Oasis of the Seas. I am not familiar at all with the line or the ship. I have only cruised with Princess. I was thinking about things like having a photo session for a really nice family souvenir ; sending flowers to her cabin and some onboard gifts. Is there a concierge that the family could talk to to arrange special things? She is in her early twenties. Any suggestions will be appreciated. And hopefully I can oneday learn onboard about this incredible ship! Happy sailings.

She might enjoy some pampering at the spa; a massage or beauty treatment that is just for her, alone.

If she has not cruised before, a little goody bag with sunblock, sunblocking lip balm, cute flip- flops, etc. would be fun for her as well.

You are very kind to want to make her trip special!!!

Edited by Bookish Angel

Thank you stones902 and Bookish Angel ( she deserves an angel looking after her, a very fitting name for someone giving me advice) . The goodie bag and pampering are great ideas, it is her first cruise .

Is there a web site where we can see the things we can get or have arranged ?

Again thank you for helping me.

Thank you stones902 and Bookish Angel ( she deserves an angel looking after her, a very fitting name for someone giving me advice) . The goodie bag and pampering are great ideas, it is her first cruise .

Is there a web site where we can see the things we can get or have arranged ?

Again thank you for helping me.

Check out http://www.royalcaribbean.com

Under the "Before You Board" section look for "Shop Gifts & Gear". You can order everything from there.

Another idea...you can have the cabin decorated for her arrival.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Some of the suggestions could be given to her before she goes ( or mailed) ..sunscreen, disposable camera if she doesn't have one, goofy sunglasses, etc. the other suggestions could be waiting for her after she boards as an extra surprise.

I did not do that myself on Oasis, but speaking to others who did, they really enjoyed it.

If she is a reader, a couple of paperbacks, in a genre she likes, would be a nice addition to the goody bag. Speaking of that, filling a cute, tropical-inspired bag with goodies sounds like such fun that if we lived near one another, I would love to help you.

I celebrated a birthday last year and received the tropical flowers. They remained beautiful throughout the cruise with a daily watering.

I also received a big onboard credit which allowed me to get a new cut/color/style in the salon, a bottle of wine for dinner, and a souvenir from the RCI store. It was fun taking pictures of all and sending them with an email thank you.

I would recommend the OBC and let her choose her luxuries. You should call RCI to set this up. It will not show up on her receipt. The senders did not receive a receipt so I would request RCI email you a copy of the amenities receipt if you go this route. In addition to what I mentioned she can choose from spa, specialty restaurant, drink package, or shore excursion which will all enhance her experience and a memory to cherish for many years to come.

You could post a special note to her in the Cruise Compass that she will discover while reading it. I believe the cost is $25.

It will tell you how to arrange this in the Cruise Compass for sure but I believe it is arranged by GS once onboard.

Have a wonderful cruise.:D

Just realized you are not travelling with her, so my suggestion might not be able to be accomplished unless someone else does it for you.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

She will be traveling on Oasis of the Seas. I am not familiar at all with the line or the ship. I have only cruised with Princess. I was thinking about things like having a photo session for a really nice family souvenir ; sending flowers to her cabin and some onboard gifts. Is there a concierge that the family could talk to to arrange special things? She is in her early twenties. Any suggestions will be appreciated. And hopefully I can oneday learn onboard about this incredible ship! Happy sailings.

Do you know this young lady? Maybe it's me, but this sounds sketchy.

To the OP-you are so thoughtful! I love the idea of flowers and an on board credit for a spa treatment. Good idea to call RCCL and tell them that you wanted to put an ad in the Compass (just like the Princess Patters).

I am a coworker of someone in her family who will be traveling with her. It is also her first cruise. As I only have sailed with Princess, I do not know what can be arranged on RC ships. My collegue doesn't know about cruise critic , so I am doing this to try to help her out.