Portofinos/Chops - Cost and Tipping?

Does anyone know if the Portofino and Chops Grille still charge only $20 pp? This is what I keep hearing - but someone posted a Chops menu that said the cost was $25 and that the Gratuity WAS included. My experience is that the cost was $20 pp and the Gratuity was NOT included.

Has anybody been there recently that can confirm the price and whether or not the Gratuity is included or not?

Meredith

As I understand it, the cost of the meal includes (or is) the gratuity.

I've read post's of $20 and $25 charged for the restaurants. I'm not sure what the difference is, different restaurants, different ships, or different memories. I am certain that it was $20 at Porifino's on Explorer last November. I tipped an addtional $5 pp on top of that.

As of two weeks ago, Navigator's Chops was charging $20.00 per person. This fee included what is described as a 15% gratuity on the receipt. You will have the option of adding an additional to this amount. If you get the same level of service we experienced, I think you will feel compelled to add a little more on the top.

Portofino followed the same pricing, except one evening they had a murder mystery dinner, which I believe was $40-$50 per person.

Hmmm, it was $25 pp on The Navigator last July :confused: We added an additional tip since the service and food were excellent.

###

It seems like I've heard this about Navigator in the past and it seems pretty consistant. I don't know why it would be higher than the other ships unless the demand is that much higher on that particular ship.

Yes, I've actually seen a photo from the Navigator of the Chops Menu with a $25 per person charge and a notation that this included the tip. This is the reason I started asking the question, because I know on the Mariner last year it was $20 (and didn't actually say tip was included).

I think Navigator was also the ship that first used the "new" RCI menus. So - this ship may be the one they try "new" things on...

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Archived