Wait! Would Disney be better than Royal Caribbean?

lisabees

These are the possible itineraries. Now, I got an AWESOME quote (cheaper than RCCI) on Disney. Which is better for ages 2, 6, 9, 12?

RCCI Voyager of the Seas - Miami, Labadee, Jamaica, Caymans, Cozumel

RCCI Explorer of the Seas - Miami, Belize city, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Caymans

RCCi Enchantment of the Seas - Ft Lauderdale, Key West, Cozumel, Belize City

Star Princess - Ft Lauderdale, Princess Cays, Cozumel, Cayman, Ochos Rios

DISNEY - Pt. Canaveral Key West, Cayman, Cozumel, Castaway Cay. Would Key West and Castaway Cay be cold?

Lisa

Given your children's ages, I would go with Disney, as long as you don't mind being surrounded by kids all week.

As far as whether the ports in the Bahamas and Key West would be cold, that would depend on when you are sailing. If it's in the winter, the answer is probably... it would be cool.

If you got a great quote on a Disney cruise, I say go for it. It may not happen again! :p I think your other post said you would be sailing in Feb. Coming from NJ, the temps. in Key West & the Bahamas should be fine. I probably wouldn't choose this itinerary over the others, but if I got a lower quote for Disney I would go with the mouse. :D

My two daughter's went on Disney with their father and his girlfriend last summer. They have been on two Norwegian cruises with me. While Disney was fun b/c obviously it's Disney, they were both VERY disappointed b/c they weren't able to swim on there cruise. Apparently, they continually had issues with young children not wearing diapers or just not making it to the rest rooms.:eek: I can't imagine this to be the problem on all Disney cruises, but both my daughters(age 11 and 9) say they will NEVER go on another Disney b/c there were too many kids for even them.

We were on the Disney Wonder last summer. There were no more kids than on the Carnival Pride this summer. I enjoyed it very much. The shows are great and then they have a movie theater, also. There is a Disney cruise forum on the disboards.com website. Very busy forum with a lot of input.

We loved our Disney cruise last fall and we are 3 adults. We absolutely loved the adult only pool, and both Route 66 and the Cadillac Lounge, the adults only lounges. Also Palo's- the supper club was adults only and great and only a $10 surcharge.

Now there is one bad thing about Disney. The cruises are like 70% children under 16. Now this was not a problem for us with all the adult's only areas-but familes with children may be disapointed in the pools. The children and family pools were super crowded. So "family time" at the pool may be a little disapointing.

One thing though is they have a great kid's club and children 3 and over can stay for free until midnight. So you and hubby can try out Palo's and the adult only lounges. No need for any "guilt" either. Our tablemates had an eight year old son. They sent him to the kid's club so they could enjoy Palo's one night. He liked it so well he chose to go back there for dinner and the evening on his own. THEY were a little disapointed as his enjoyment of the kid's club cut into their family time but were thrilled he was having such a good time.

Castaway Key also has the family and adult only areas. They also have a "teen" area so what ever fits your needs- you have it. I have been to Coco Cay also and Castaway Key is tons nicer-Castaway Key is more the feel of a private resort.

There is another messageboard that you can get to called disboards.com-this board is full of Disney fanatics but there is some really good info and this board gets tons more traffic then the Disney board here at cruisecritic.

As far as which is best-I can't really say-I love cruising and I will be on Mariner of the Seas this fall-to me the best cruise is the one I am on at the time.

So I would say go with the cruise that gives you the best price. Whichever you choose you can do like me and do the other next time you cruise. I am definetly NOT a cruiseline loyalist.

Archived