Shopping in Cozumel - fire opals & leather ??

SOPOME

Looking forward to our upcoming stop in Cozumel and would love to find some bargains in fire opals and leather goods....any suggestions? Pier? Downtown?

We were there a couple of years ago on Carnival and I bought fire opal earrings at a little store near the pier... have no idea now what the name of the store is...still love the earrings and would like to find another piece.

This time we are on RCCL...will it be the same shops / same pier ??

My husband loves to find exotic leather wallets in his travels..... any stores fit that description??

Thanks!

Hi! I was there a little over a year ago, and right at the pier there is a nice leather goods shop. They have great boots (be sure to bargain), purses, and tons of wallets to choose from. I don't remember the name of the place, but at the pier, take a left after Fat Tuesday's, and then the next right, and the shop will be on your left. I think it's close to the Del Sol store, but not positive. I know it's right behind Diamonds International.

I hope you have a great trip! I'm going back next week and will be sure to stop for boots there!

CCL is at the Puerto Maya pier most of the time while RCL is at the International pier. Los Cinco Soles (sp) downtown - not at pier locations, has a nice selection of items not always seen at the other stores. Also, the stores around the plaza in downtown have all of the normal stuff however, there are more unique shops also. I have seen fire opals at Los Cinco Soles before. Was just there 9/2013 and 12/2013.

Looking forward to our upcoming stop in Cozumel and would love to find some bargains in fire opals and leather goods....any suggestions? Pier? Downtown?

We were there a couple of years ago on Carnival and I bought fire opal earrings at a little store near the pier... have no idea now what the name of the store is...still love the earrings and would like to find another piece.

This time we are on RCCL...will it be the same shops / same pier ??

My husband loves to find exotic leather wallets in his travels..... any stores fit that description??

Thanks!

Hi! I was there a little over a year ago, and right at the pier there is a nice leather goods shop. They have great boots (be sure to bargain), purses, and tons of wallets to choose from. I don't remember the name of the place, but at the pier, take a left after Fat Tuesday's, and then the next right, and the shop will be on your left. I think it's close to the Del Sol store, but not positive. I know it's right behind Diamonds International.

I hope you have a great trip! I'm going back next week and will be sure to stop for boots there!

Thank you! I'll definitely look for the store!

CCL is at the Puerto Maya pier most of the time while RCL is at the International pier. Los Cinco Soles (sp) downtown - not at pier locations, has a nice selection of items not always seen at the other stores. Also, the stores around the plaza in downtown have all of the normal stuff however, there are more unique shops also. I have seen fire opals at Los Cinco Soles before. Was just there 9/2013 and 12/2013.

I think we were at the International pier on CCL...definitely not downtown. We took an excursion on that trip so never made it downtown, so looking forward to going this time. Thanks for the info!