Photo review

cruise kitty

Thank you for your review !

I didn't know that the top of the Notre Dame was now open !

"Suffice it to say, Paris was absolutely amazing, DH is ready to move there, the people were so wonderful & helpful, it's gorgeous, the food is amazing, (although I confess, we lived on Xmas market food, it was so cheap & good, & you could eat it standing up) "

It's the first time i read this ! :eek:

It's different when you visit and when you live... :)

I'm glad you had a wonderful time ! Thanks for your beautiful pictures !

Fantastic review and I loved the pics Debbie

We are heading to Paris in July after a river cruise, so looking forward to that. We had been to some of the cities/towns that you did, so it brought back some great memories.

So please to read that you thought Parisians were wonderful and helpful..a far cry from what we usually hear, I try to always go to a new place with an open mind, but still great to hear someones experiences.

thanks again, Deb

Thank you for your review !

I didn't know that the top of the Notre Dame was now open !

"Suffice it to say, Paris was absolutely amazing, DH is ready to move there, the people were so wonderful & helpful, it's gorgeous, the food is amazing, (although I confess, we lived on Xmas market food, it was so cheap & good, & you could eat it standing up) "

It's the first time i read this ! :eek:

It's different when you visit and when you live... :)

I'm glad you had a wonderful time ! Thanks for your beautiful pictures !

Hi, thank you, it sounds like you live in Paris... I'm a little envious, :), & yes, we had a wonderful time.

Fantastic review and I loved the pics Debbie

We are heading to Paris in July after a river cruise, so looking forward to that. We had been to some of the cities/towns that you did, so it brought back some great memories.

So please to read that you thought Parisians were wonderful and helpful..a far cry from what we usually hear, I try to always go to a new place with an open mind, but still great to hear someones experiences.

thanks again, Deb

Hi, we did have a great experience, I don't know if you've been to Paris before, if not, you're in for a treat :)

And, yes the people were lovely & helpful :)

A Europe river cruise is on my bucket list, preferably a Christmas Market one, maybe someday. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cruise Kitty ~ just left you a post on your Rome/Cruise/Paris review thread.

As for Christmas Markets - we just loved them on our December Viking cruise on the Rhine River - slide show below.

We usually said Celebrity and never, ever had a major complaint with them. But husband, John, suggested a river cruise as a way to see different ports/cities. We took our first in 2012 and both fell in love with RCing!! October we'll be taking our third and spending a week in Paris beforehand - what lead me to your review thread!

As for Paris - any restaurants you can recommend???

Rhine River Christmas Markets Slideshow TripAdvisor™ (from 2013)

Paris SlideShow (from 2012)

frenchrci ~ I read your post to Hank (Hlitner) about restaurants - La Rose de France on Ile de St Louis looks very nice. And your recommendation of Pizza had me laughing - made me think - France, pizza - no I'll want French food! But I'll keep the name handy just in case!!!

In 2012 we spend a few days in Nice. Walking around the first day we found SO many Pizza places - I know it was once Italian. But coming from NYC where's there's pizza on every other corner - good and bad! - it was the last food I wanted to eat!!! That year, for lunch before we flew to Paris we had good pizza in a favorite place of ours - my thinking was that would be one food we wouldn't see in France!! Little did I know!!

But thanks for any suggestions!!!

frenchrci ~ I read your post to Hank (Hlitner) about restaurants - La Rose de France on Ile de St Louis looks very nice. And your recommendation of Pizza had me laughing - made me think - France, pizza - no I'll want French food! But I'll keep the name handy just in case!!!

In 2012 we spend a few days in Nice. Walking around the first day we found SO many Pizza places - I know it was once Italian. But coming from NYC where's there's pizza on every other corner - good and bad! - it was the last food I wanted to eat!!! That year, for lunch before we flew to Paris we had good pizza in a favorite place of ours - my thinking was that would be one food we wouldn't see in France!! Little did I know!!

But thanks for any suggestions!!!

Haha ! :D:D

I understand ! And maybe you can dislike because it's not like what you eat in US. That vice-world champion restaurant is the best one that we have in France.... for us ! There is things inside that you have maybe never eat. (I have bring to family in PA the best "Fois gras" that we have... a very very (very!!) expansive thing that we eat in very special occasion like Christmas. They disliked and throw it in the garbage... To much different !).

You have this website that every parisian knows !

http://www.thefork.com

You can make a reservation in advance at the best price !

For example...

Le train bleu

La table des gourmets

:)

Cruise Kitty ~ just left you a post on your Rome/Cruise/Paris review thread.

As for Christmas Markets - we just loved them on our December Viking cruise on the Rhine River - slide show below.

We usually said Celebrity and never, ever had a major complaint with them. But husband, John, suggested a river cruise as a way to see different ports/cities. We took our first in 2012 and both fell in love with RCing!! October we'll be taking our third and spending a week in Paris beforehand - what lead me to your review thread!

As for Paris - any restaurants you can recommend???

Rhine River Christmas Markets Slideshow TripAdvisor™ (from 2013)

Paris SlideShow (from 2012)

Hi, I just watched your photo tour, amazing! I didn't know that you could do that on T.A. Just beautiful!

Regarding restaurants, we really did live on the Xmas market food, we also ate at some sidewalk cafes, but didn't really devote any real time to good restaurants, I will say we enjoyed some of the smaller bistros in the left bank neighborhood. We just avoided any place that had menus posted in english. :)

frenchrci ~ I really didn't mean to dis Pizza - in France or anywhere - and I did save the info you posted on the other thread about il Campionissmo. One question - is the address 26 rue Bellan??? Just want to make sure I have the correct address! If our plans work out we'll be in Paris 8 nights so we should have time to check it out!!We may be food snobs - but look for good food not just expensive places since they are many times just "living" on their reputation - at least in NYC!!!

Our son-in-law is a professional chef from Sweden - he's worked in a few high end NYC restaurants and, for a few years now, is cheffing for the Swedish delegation to the UN. And our daughter also works high end restaurants - front of the house. So we've had the joy of being very spoiled with really good food!! Foie gras is one of my husband's favorites - if your PA family isn't impressed with yours, stop by us!!!!

Le Train Bleu looks fabulous - in an over-the-top way! Might make our "cut" for a special meal! And La Table des Gourmets also looks very interesting. Two years ago we ate at Allard (SIL recommend it as his favorite), Paul Chene (special night!) and Bofinger (husband's favorite because of books he reads and he also enjoys Alsatian food, even in NYC!!). 4th night we ate at a Bistro - can't remember the name but enjoyed fondue.

And merci for The Fork - I did save it and as September comes closer and we start to finalize plans I'm sure we'll be using it!

Now, if you don't mind - another question, especially since you live in Paris. Markets? Last trime we did get to Marche Edgar Quinet and completely enjoyed the morning - only disappointment was rain cancelled the "picnic" I had planned! But such fun looking and smelling and even sometimes tasting!! So, any market(s) you could recommend???

Sorry this is SO long - I do run! I'm sure you may be tired of Paris photos but here's a tourist's view: Paris SlideShow

Thanks much for all your suggestions!!

cruise kitty ~ after looking at your photos I am complimented by your comment! Yours are fabulous!!! For the past few years I make a post-cruise digital scrapbook and have it printed for myself and also send it via e-mail to long-distant friends. But I found the TA slide show about 2 years ago and its SO easy to make I now do that first.

As for restaurants - I just fell in love with the left bank!! Stayed there on the recommendation of our son-in-law and it was fabulous!! We did eat in a few special places but could have happily eaten all our meals right outside our hotel! Can't wait to experience 8 nights there - a true adventure!!!

about il Campionissmo. One question - is the address 26 rue Bellan???

Now, if you don't mind - another question, especially since you live in Paris. Markets? Last trime we did get to Marche Edgar Quinet and completely enjoyed the morning - So, any market(s) you could recommend???

Sorry this is SO long - I do run! I'm sure you may be tired of Paris photos but here's a tourist's view: Paris SlideShow

Thanks much for all your suggestions!!

It's the right address ! ;)

Wow ! Impressing ! Your daughter has found the right one ! :eek:

The Edgar Quinet is a good one, i agree ! Near my house, there is one in front of "La Bourse", but very small... So, Sundays, we go to "Place d'Italie/Corvisart", not too far away from Edgar Quinet where there is very good things and a lot of "little shops" (?) ! 0.5mile of markets ! It's open Tuesday, Friday and Sunday mornings.

- Marché Auguste-Blanqui

Very nice pictures !! I'm never tired by Paris pictures... Only by people who lives here ! :D It's not always like a postcard ! Like everywhere ! :)

Nb: Sorry for using your thread, Cruise Kitty !

Edited by frenchrci

frenchrci ~ thanks much for the Market info - have it on my list now!

Our cruise is rt Bordeaux - do you know anything about that city? restaurant suggestions??? Again, thanks much! (I have search Bordeaux on this thead but little information.)

And you are correct - we have using cruise kitty's thread - I do apologize!

frenchrci ~ thanks much for the Market info - have it on my list now!

Our cruise is rt Bordeaux - do you know anything about that city? restaurant suggestions??? Again, thanks much! (I have search Bordeaux on this thead but little information.)

And you are correct - we have using cruise kitty's thread - I do apologize!

Hi, I plan on going back in May & I might borrow some of the restaurant recommendations, so thanks!

& thanks about my pictures, I'm definitely a beginner with photography!