How to upgrade drinks package??

Natalia&Nick

We have promo Classic package. I can seem to be able to upgrade as on Celebrity website. Any ideas anyone?

Thank you

There are 3 ways:

On the phone

On the ship

Without more info I don't know why you can't online, but most likely it hasn't shown up yet on your reservation. If you want to do it now, call.

There are advantages to waiting until you board however, including the possibility of using obc (if you have it).

Have a fun cruise

You can upgrade when you get to the ship.

We did this at the desk where they were selling the drink packages in the port (after check in but before you actually board the ship). They just fill out a slip for the additional charge which is added to your onboard account and they place a premium sticker on your card.

I believe you can also do this at any bar onboard the ship.

Thanks both. Apparently it's 11% cheaper to do it before you cruise

Once you have a package, the price is the same to upgrade onboard. $10/day plus 15% service charge = $11.50 / day. The only difference is you get a sticker instead of having it printed on your card. If you don't like the sticker or it wears away they'll print a new seapass card at guest relations.

Celebrity seems to be promoting the upgrde so it is quick and easy to do onboard.

The only time the upgrade would cost more is if you were buying it in a port that charged a sales or VAT tax that would have to be applied. If this is the case, wait until you are 3 miles out to see and it would be, as always, $11.50/day.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled
Edited to remove snarkiness

Last year we were in the same situation. Being from Europe, our customer service told us that Europeans would only be able to upgrade onboard (not online or via the hotline). I called the US customer service and they did it for me straight away. Don't know if that's really why we couldn't do it online, but if you want to do it before your cruise, just do it via the US customer service.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Anyone know if there are any drinks you can get at the martini bar with the classic package......

There are 4 (I think) drinks, like a standard Martinis and a cosmo. They poured them in slightly smaller glasses like the ones used at Elite receptions and such.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

There are 4 (I think) drinks, like a standard Martinis and a cosmo. They poured them in slightly smaller glasses like the ones used at Elite receptions and such.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

New to Celebrity so how small....on Carnival that glass would be like 5 tablespoons of beverage?

New to Celebrity so how small....on Carnival that glass would be like 5 tablespoons of beverage?

They're very small, more like a taste rather than a real drink.

This isn't quite true.

There are three sizes of Martini glasses at the Martini Bar. All sizes are guestamations.

1) 2 oz sample sizes, used in sample flights (you buy as a set for $16 and get 6 drinks.

2) "Standard" 6 oz martini glasses. It's a real Martini glass, but not oversized. There are 4 drinks that are in this size glass included in the classic package. Generally seemed to be used on the $8-$10 drinks, but did seem to have full pours

3) Oversized 8 oz martini glass. They use these on the more fru fru drinks like a rainbow or lychee martini and cost $12-$13 it seems.

All of the drinks seemed to be high quality and while the bartenders varried they made tasty drinks.

I am not a lush. I didn't spend that much time there, maybe a drink or rarely two before dinner on a numbe of nights over our month onboard Connie in Nov and Dec, but we've been in the hospitality business so we notice this stuff.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

This isn't quite true.

There are three sizes of Martini glasses at the Martini Bar. All sizes are guestamations.

1) 2 oz sample sizes, used in sample flights (you buy as a set for $16 and get 6 drinks.

2) "Standard" 6 oz martini glasses. It's a real Martini glass, but not oversized. There are 4 drinks that are in this size glass included in the classic package. Generally seemed to be used on the $8-$10 drinks, but did seem to have full pours

3) Oversized 8 oz martini glass. They use these on the more fru fru drinks like a rainbow or lychee martini and cost $12-$13 it seems.

All of the drinks seemed to be high quality and while the bartenders varried they made tasty drinks.

I am not a lush. I didn't spend that much time there, maybe a drink or rarely two before dinner on a numbe of nights over our month onboard Connie in Nov and Dec, but we've been in the hospitality business so we notice this stuff.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

This isn't quite true either. On our last 2 Summit sailings, every martini in the Martini Bar was served in the standard clear martini glass. They had about 2 or 3 of the "larger sized fancy blue" martini glasses but they were never used -- we had the premium package and all our martinis were served in the standard size glass. I prefer the larger sized fancy blue glass as it makes it feel like you are drinking a bigger martini - and it seems a bit special. The standard glasses are of the quailty that you would buy at Bed Bath & Beyond!

This isn't quite true.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

This isn't quite true either. On our last 2 Summit sailings, every martini in the Martini Bar was served in the standard clear martini glass. They had about 2 or 3 of the "larger sized fancy blue" martini glasses but they were never used -- we had the premium package and all our martinis were served in the standard size glass. I prefer the larger sized fancy blue glass as it makes it feel like you are drinking a bigger martini - and it seems a bit special. The standard glasses are of the quailty that you would buy at Bed Bath & Beyond!

This was definitely different on Connie and can certainly vary by ship. It could be that Connie was getting low on glasswear and what was available in Europe (where this cruise was) was the slightly larger or smaller size than they normal size or what they used to have on thtat ship. Maybe it was just the Martini bar was slightly low and it got an upgrade :) or they may have consciously decided to put the larger glasses at the martini bar.

The larger clear glasses were pretty much what seemed to be the standard at the Martini bar and it was a subtle difference between the two sizes as it is only slightly taller at the width of the top of the glass. We only saw the slightly smaller glasses on occasionion at the Martini Bar but we also saw them in other venues like the theater and other lounges.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna