Sunshine question

psternklar

Hi, just got back from the Dream and planning a cruise for Jan 2015. Our cruise prior to the Dream was on the Miracle. We found Dream to be somewhat crowded as opposed to Dream. We are looking for an eastern Caribbean cruise. The best time for us puts us on Sunshine out of PC on 1/24/15. Do you think Sunshine would feel crowded compared to Dream? We tend to have dinner in MDR and breakfast/lunch on Lido. We like the shows (which were much improved on Dream) and Punchliner. Perhaps the ship felt crowded as we missed 2 ports due to weather. I appreciate any advice/feedback. Thanks.

Of my seven cruises I found the Sunshine no more crowded on sea days than the others. Just like the other 6, if I was not on the lido deck by 10 or 11 it was difficult to find seating. The plus is the size of the Serenity deck. It was a lot easier to find a place to relax there. On the inside they did replace space with cabins which was noticeable. Overall I'd sail her again in a heartbeat. There's a group of people that have never set foot on her that'll say the crowding is real bad. I promise it's not.

I agree with Gregg. We sailed her on the inaugural and I would sail her again anytime. I loved the serenity area. The crowding issue lot talk about is same for me as any other ship I sailed on. This last cruise was my 12th. I will say, the comedy club gets crowded but they were on the other ships too.

It won't feel any more crowded as a whole. Given the date, probably less.

Lido buffet on the Sunshine is much better IMO with crowd control. Find the Havana bar area on day 1 and it offers very good seating and additional food choice for breakfast and lunch.

You'll likely have to get to the Punchliner early. Don't get there 5 minutes before a show and expect good seats. You may find a seat (or wall to stand against), you may not that time of year. In the busy time of year you wouldn't get in.

Limelight is also not that big but for an end of January cruise will probably be adequate.

If you don't mind having a drink and having a conversation (we don't) we get there about 30 minutes early (give or take 5) and it works well.