Tortuga Rum Cake

love2cruise5

I always looked forward to my cruises and my Tortuga Rum Cakes - but a few months ago I found them in grocery / department stores (we live in Ontario). I even found the original small ones on clearance for $2. Bought a couple to see how fresh they were, and they were fantastic - so moist and heavy laden with rum:) I went back and got several more. So for us the excitement of buying them on cruises have waned somewhat but I will still get different flavours when I go cruising in 13 days.

We did try Blackbeards in Cayman one year. I don't remember loving them but we have not gone out of way to find them again.

I keep my deep freeze stocked with a few at all times.

I do find it easier to buy them on the ship than at the store in Nassau and having to pack mule them back to the ship along with all the other treasures the wife gets at the Alley. ( I have leg problems)

The price is not that much more expensive on the ship compared to the store.

Does anyone know if you can buy either brand in Freeport or Nassau? This is our first cruise there and I love the rum cakes. I always buy some in Grand Cayman.

There is a Tortuga Rum Cake outlet next to Burger King in Nassau about 2 blocks from the terminal. $30 for 2-16 oz cakes. Not a bad price.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 1/19/2014 at 6:27 PM, runningradical said:

we just got off the miracle and we were able to buy the rum cakes from the gift shop on aboard

Do you happen to remember how much they cost on the ship & what size they were?

Since we've dredged up an old post- how about the rum cakes in Bermuda? We're going there in September and I know they sell them at the Dockyard. Any experience with those particular ones? They are pretty pricey compared to Tortuga 😯 maybe they offer free samples before buying!

https://www.dockglass.com/product-category/bdarumcakeco/rum-cake/

2 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Since we've dredged up an old post- how about the rum cakes in Bermuda? We're going there in September and I know they sell them at the Dockyard. Any experience with those particular ones? They are pretty pricey compared to Tortuga 😯 maybe they offer free samples before buying!

https://www.dockglass.com/product-category/bdarumcakeco/rum-cake/

I am hoping that Nassau has samples too.