Triumph the Terrific 1/9-1/13- My first quick review!!

traylynn

We flew into Hobby, rented a car from Enterprise for $44 returned it around 10pm to the Galveston location. (SAME DAY...NO PROBLEMS)

We stayed at the Tremont for one night prior to boarding. Room Rate $104.00

We boarded the Triumph on 1/9/14 and had the best time ever. We are a 40ish couple and we like to have fun. The fun ship is that.. FUN SHIP

I did purchase FTTF and had no problem and I HIGHLY recommend it, if you can stag one.

This was my boyfriends first cruise and he loved it, despite all the news headlines.

The ship appeared to be in great condition, I never saw anything out of the ordinary or just disgusting. The staff and crew worked extremely hard to make sure all was well. The Chief Engineer was everywhere around the ship.

The were several lively groups on board Visible Changes, Bridal group, all of Divine Texas. Truly where was never a dull moment.

Food was great I like that they offer a main menu and a everyday menu. Guy's Burgers well I ate 2 in one day:D Blue Catina:D. I never went to the buffet. Seaday Brunch PORK CHOPS ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Activities- Were well organized.

Entertainment- Was great, being from Austin, I enjoyed the live music.

Drinks- Miami Vice- (GAPEARL'S Recommendation)

Spa-As a HR Mgr, I like to ask tons of questions. I went to spa and asked where to you get your training etc... LADIES SAVE YOUR MONEY STAY AWAY FROM THE SPA- I only went because boyfriend surprised me and he didn't know. Basically he wasted $149 for a rubbed down not a massage.

Cozumel- We went to Nachi Cocum- AWESOME!!!!! I did have a proper massage there for $40

Room-We had a balcony room deck 10- Room 1006 Super Fab. Our room was next to secret door and we had no problems. Easy access to everything.

One small incident- There was a couple on our deck, the husband was in a wheelchair, and he refused a handicap room.They had major trouble getting his wheelchair and scooter into the room. The steward went to get help to left him. He was so drunk and talking crazy the stewards left him on the floor in the doorway. As we were walking by I noticed the wheelchair in the doorway and it appeared he had fallen out of it. We asked if we could help, so boyfriend picked him up and put him back in the wheelchair. The entire time he proceeded to tell us how his wife was no good and worthless etc. On one night he was so drunk running into folks with his scooter could not find his room, so we took him back to the room, when wife opened the door she stated.. I was hoping he went overboard.:eek:

The morning we were leaving he had no idea who we were :confused: as his wife thanked us for all our help.

Overall we had a fantastic time. Having trouble loading pictures.

One small incident- There was a couple on our deck, the husband was in a wheelchair, and he refused a handicap room.They had major trouble getting his wheelchair and scooter into the room. The steward went to get help to left him. He was so drunk and talking crazy the stewards left him on the floor in the doorway. As we were walking by I noticed the wheelchair in the doorway and it appeared he had fallen out of it. We asked if we could help, so boyfriend picked him up and put him back in the wheelchair. The entire time he proceeded to tell us how his wife was no good and worthless etc. On one night he was so drunk running into folks with his scooter could not find his room, so we took him back to the room, when wife opened the door she stated.. I was hoping he went overboard.:eek:

Now we know why they left him in the hall. I would've left him too!

Glad to hear you had such a good time! Going in march and really looking forward to it!

Great review. Just curious, how long did you guys stay at Nachi? We are thinking about booking this cruise for April and thinking about going to Nachi.

Hi Kak8jr- We were there from 9:30am to 2:30pm. Someone gave a tip in another review to tip the waiter in the beginning and we gave him $10 and $10 before we left. He was always available and kept the food and drinks coming. We had a great time. They don't start the food until noonish, so make sure you eat breakfast before leaving the ship or have room service delivered.