Where are my VIFP offers?

Lyncoya

I check the Carnival.com website at least twice a week to see if I have any new "VIFP" offers and I NEVER have any.

Last night, for the heck of it, I decided to create a VIFP account for my husband to see if he had any offers and low and behold HE DID!

I wonder how many offers we've missed already?

I find it weird that HE receives the offers even though I book the cruises and my name is primary. (He just tags along) lol

Moral of the story is.....check those VIFP offers under both names if you're married. (Wish I would've known this a while ago) :(

Edited by Lyncoya

The VIFP offers normally go to a secondary person of a party booked. You know it's your husband or wife but they only see a party of whatever and anyone other than the primary is a potential candidate to book a cruise so they fish with offers to get more bookings.

Does it matter if you put the VIFP # when searching for a cruise? I usually check the box not to enter it. I'm wondering if it would make a difference with pricing???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I didn't think that it made a difference. I get the offer without putting my # in.

Currently, we have a promotion where we get up to $90 off PLUS $150 OBC if we book by January 31st. It's a nice little promo, IMO.

I'll have to check this. Where can I find my VIFP#?

You can either call Carnival or sign on to the Carnival.com website. Carnival.com will search for your VIFP# and give it to you.

Edited by Lyncoya

I saved almost $300 By finding this out a few months ago! My PVP told me that they would be a deal for my husband if I booked under his name. Even though he's cruises with me every time, technically it's never been booked in his name. Now I always check!

Good advice!

I just noticed this yesterday. Got the email recently about doubling of onto arid credit for my outstanding cruise certificate. So I booked an upcoming cruise in May.

Today I had planned to log in and submit my FCC and I noticed that the emails vifp number was different than mine? Though the certificate number in the email was the same as the one on my paper copy? Being a little suspicious I looked up my mother in laws vifp # and low and behold that is the one on the email to me? She joined us on our last cruise and I booked her room for her as she had never done it before.

So now I am wondering when I try to redeem my FCC am I going to get the double credit? Any thoughts?

Glad to see this information. Can't wait to get home and try looking it up using my family member's VIFP numbers. :)

I started a thread on the same topic about a month ago, but it went "poof". I guess somebody misbehaved and the mod's cut the whole thread. They can be pretty short-sighted at times. :mad:

Our cruise we are going on in February was booked with my husbands vifp offer. None for me, but his was fantastic!!

My PvP said that it had to be booked under his name for the offer to be used, even though we travel together!

Just means a little more checking!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Do you have to book strictly with Carnival to take advantage of the VIFP offers? Following the original posters lead, I registered my husband and he has a fantastic offer for the cruise I booked last week and online TA finally payment was today and Carnival final payment tomorrow. Have sent TA an email, guess time will tell.

Do you have to book strictly with Carnival to take advantage of the VIFP offers? Following the original posters lead, I registered my husband and he has a fantastic offer for the cruise I booked last week and online TA finally payment was today and Carnival final payment tomorrow. Have sent TA an email, guess time will tell.

YIKES! Good luck with that! I would think that you wouldn't have to book directly with Carnival, but I could be wrong.

Again, good luck and I hope you can get that deal! :)

I did get that deal! My online TA was great. My agent for this booking was off for the evening, but I got to talk to a service manager who handled the situation for me.

Because I had booked under a "free upgrade" fare, to get this deal I would have to pay an additional $110 to stay in my current category. Well, I like money more than location, so I am now in the lowest of catergories that is not bunk beds. My feeling is that I have 10 weeks to watch for an upgrade that I can puchase.

I've learned alot over the years, but this tip was by far the best for me!

Thanks so much.