Warm water in the swimming pool?

cookiefrog

Never found the pool water to be warm- sometimes not even the hot tubs. Kids are resilient. Let them try it unless you are leaving from New York or other points north. If you see they are cold pull them out.

Agreed. Never warm....always freezing..:p:p

A couple yeaes ago we did a one nighter on NCL and my 2 boys 18 and 15 brought friends with them. They spent a good part of the afternoon in the pool and the water was steaming, so I know that pool was heated-never been on Carnival to know. Our first cruise is on 1/28 on the Splendor-can't wait!

I found the water to be unheated but fine...if a little chilly as we were sailing round the Baltics. My method is that once you are under and moving you are fine and you can always hot tub it after.

I was the ship's resident polar bear (or pale skinned wierd British lady)though, the Floridians and Texans thought I was particularly mental.

Will the pools be heated at all on the carnival inspiration this time of year? Or should we expect to tell the kids it's freezing forget it? Every cruise I've been on has warm water. But it seems like people are suggesting otherwise

The air temps have been very warm here in Cali but in the winter we always find the Inspiration's pools to be cold and the "hot" tubs to be as warm as we would expect the pool temperature to be. But you have kids and sometimes kids can handle cold pools better than the big kids. Have fun!

Maybe it was because the temperature was very warm!

Or because of the number of people in the pool who had been in there for hours without getting out for a potty break... :eek:

A couple yeaes ago we did a one nighter on NCL and my 2 boys 18 and 15 brought friends with them. They spent a good part of the afternoon in the pool and the water was steaming, so I know that pool was heated-never been on Carnival to know. Our first cruise is on 1/28 on the Splendor-can't wait!

The "steaming" just means that the water was warmer than the air. Sometimes the lake behind my house here in Florida "steams", its not heated :D:D

I asked the pool man aboard the Spirit. He told me that the water is drawn from the ocean, so if the ocean is warm so will the pools. We were near Puerto vallarta and the water was like hot tub water.

Or because of the number of people in the pool who had been in there for hours without getting out for a potty break... :eek:

Yeah, if you're in the pool and the water is in general a little cool, and you suddenly come across a warm spot (:eek:), it would probably be a good idea to get out and go take a shower.