Cabin pick on Independence

jzad

Good afternoon! My husband and are thinking of cruising Jan. 2015 on independence and I was wondering about cabin selections. We would like a balcony as we've never done one before but OV is ok too. What do think is best? Any other good suggestions while on independence would be appreciated too!!

Ja

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good afternoon! My husband and are thinking of cruising Jan. 2015 on independence and I was wondering about cabin selections. We would like a balcony as we've never done one before but OV is ok too. What do think is best? Any other good suggestions while on independence would be appreciated too!!

Ja

Thanks!!!

I would look for a balcony on the hump (near aft centrum) on deck 9.

We just arrived home from our Indy cruise. Our balcony was on the 8th floor near the back elevator. I like the location because both the dinning rooms and windjammer were easy to get to since they are both in back of the ship. Also we loved the coffee shop on deck 5 and that was also near the back elevator. My parent were near the front elevator and they agreed next time they will book near the back elevator.

We just arrived home from our Indy cruise. Our balcony was on the 8th floor near the back elevator. I like the location because both the dinning rooms and windjammer were easy to get to since they are both in back of the ship. Also we loved the coffee shop on deck 5 and that was also near the back elevator. My parent were near the front elevator and they agreed next time they will book near the back elevator.

Thank you! I will look into that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on deck 9 near the forward elevators. We loved the location because we had to walk so far to the dining venues that neither one of us gained any weight :)

:)

Interestingly enough...there's some truth to that. We've found rear cabins to be noisier and having to deal with more hallway, elevator, and stairs traffic (makes sense since the MDR's are back there).

Our preference is a more front-mid balcony cabin. Good views, nice access on the various ship activities (including shows which tend to be up front), and quick access to the Promenade.

There are indeed some long hallways. We spent 2 weeks in the first regular balcony aft of the hump, port side [a D2 -- 9656 I think without taking time to look it up]. We thought it was great. We were happy with the size and location. On the other hand, I have no reason to object to any of the other suggestions. On the Freedoms, there is no real difference between the same class cabins based on location [except for the aft facing cabins]. So pick the location that best fits the activities you like to be involved in [or the best price] and enjoy your cruise. We thought it was a great ship.