Beverage package, is it worth it?

molly5673

I'm confused about the sentence that I highlighted with the "confused emoticons" about the * specialty beers and the super premium category beverages. What beers are included and which or not?

Ultimate Package

Pay one set price and enjoy nearly our entire selection of liquors, beers and wines, plus non-alcoholic beverages.†

Includes: Call and premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value), premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water (sparkling and still, fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas with the Coca Cola® souvenir cup.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they have been purchased. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order and then make your purchase(s) again.

† Prices subject to change without notice. Packages include server gratuities, cannot be shared, are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server.:confused: Package does not include specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages.:confused: Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International's Alcohol Policy.

Go here: http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/ and page down to the 7th and 8th menu pages and you can see which beers are not included. For super premium alcohol, you can go here: http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/ and see which liquors, etc exceed $10.

Could not find an answer to e following in this thread, so I thought I would ask it here.

Is the shipboard water ok to drink? We typically like adding Mio flavoring to our ice water. Is there a problem with this?

We also have our own Tervis glasses. Can we use these on board?

Could not find an answer to e following in this thread, so I thought I would ask it here.

Is the shipboard water ok to drink? We typically like adding Mio flavoring to our ice water. Is there a problem with this?

We also have our own Tervis glasses. Can we use these on board?

Yep, ships water is fine to drink. I think it actually tastes better than some of the bottled water I've had. No problem adding the Mio!

Is there any advantage to purchasing ahead of time vs after boarding?

If you have OBC coming to you, you can use it to buy a drink package after you're on board . . . But you cannot use it ahead of time. After all, they don't call it ahead-of-time credit!

So if tips are included in the drink package does the crew member that swipes your card get tips later from the company or do they get stiffed all together.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Seems to me to be an issue between RCI and their employees not us.

So if tips are included in the drink package does the crew member that swipes your card get tips later from the company or do they get stiffed all together.

We were chatting with a waiter one day and during our discussion we found out that they do get a tip from package drinks but it is a lot less than what they get for purchased drinks. He said it averages out to be about 25 cents per drink - not much but it's something.

This is info from ONE bar waiter - who knows if it's true or accurate...I'm just passing along what I was told.

We were chatting with a waiter one day and during our discussion we found out that they do get a tip from package drinks but it is a lot less than what they get for purchased drinks. He said it averages out to be about 25 cents per drink - not much but it's something.

This is info from ONE bar waiter - who knows if it's true or accurate...I'm just passing along what I was told.

Thanks. I guess a little extra tipping will be in order.

we were just told the same thing by a waitress on the explorer of the seas.

She said that is why they make us sign those papers. when they turn them in they get about .30 cents a drink.

we were just told the same thing by a waitress on the explorer of the seas.

She said that is why they make us sign those papers. when they turn them in they get about .30 cents a drink.

Unfortunate if true, and a bit of a scam actually. 25-30 cents per drink doesn't come anywhere close to the 15% that RCI claims is added to your bill as a gratuity. So they're adding it and keeping it themselves as additional revenue?

At $55 per day, doing a little quick math - the prepaid gratuity portion amounts to about $7.17 in gratuities. If they're giving the bartenders/waiters 30 cents per drink, you'd have to be drinking almost 24 drinks per day before they paid out all the gratuities they claim they're collecting from you!

Go here: http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/ and page down to the 7th and 8th menu pages and you can see which beers are not included. For super premium alcohol, you can go here: http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/ and see which liquors, etc exceed $10.

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

The drink prices in this link are a lot higher than the drink prices posted on the menu. Can someone just tell me what a simple frozen drink special runs. And maybe how many frozen and mixed drinks did you drink a day. Seems to me that you would have to drink an awful lot on the nights you return from a port just to get your money's worth. $55 dayto me is about 5-7 drinks between 6-8 pm and 12-1 am. Thoughts?

Edited by Szzanni86

Also, can someone just give me an idea of how high their bar bill ran if you didn't get a package?

I've seen numbers (per person) from $50 and under, all the way up to $700 and over for a 7 day cruise. The answer to your question from any one individual - or even a handful - isn't going to be very helpful, I don't think. Most frozen and mixed drinks are going to run $7 -$10, plus 15% gratuity. You just have to ask yourself how many drinks YOU will drink and run the numbers... We will probably start our mornings with a mimosa or two for breakfast, so that's the case even on port days. Your mileage will vary!

Also, can someone just give me an idea of how high their bar bill ran if you didn't get a package?

I've had a bar bill around $400 (I'm late 20s) and I was trying to be careful with how much I spent (pound those Fosters oil cans!).

Drinks of the day come to around $6.75 plus tip. If you're a cocktail drinker, assume $10/cocktail for everything else on average. If you buy the premium package at $55/day, you'd have to drink 5/day to make it worth it. But you also factor in free soda, beer, wine, etc. if you want to mix it up without even thinking about it. You're on vacation after all.

I've had a bar bill around $400 (I'm late 20s) and I was trying to be careful with how much I spent (pound those Fosters oil cans!).

Drinks of the day come to around $6.75 plus tip. If you're a cocktail drinker, assume $10/cocktail for everything else on average. If you buy the premium package at $55/day, you'd have to drink 5/day to make it worth it. But you also factor in free soda, beer, wine, etc. if you want to mix it up without even thinking about it. You're on vacation after all.

$10/drink is a little high for the other cocktails, more like $8 or $9 on average. Most estimates are 6-8 alcoholic drinks/day unless you only drink top-shelf frozen drinks or above-house wine (in which case its down to 5-6 drinks) to break even without counting soda/water bottles.

$10/drink is a little high for the other cocktails, more like $8 or $9 on average. Most estimates are 6-8 alcoholic drinks/day unless you only drink top-shelf frozen drinks or above-house wine (in which case its down to 5-6 drinks) to break even without counting soda/water bottles.

Six $8 drinks plus gratuity is $55. If you could drink 8 before breaking even they would have to average $6 each, and I don't think that's possible. 8 if you drink nothing but beer works.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

What does your she have to do with ur bar bill?? Lol smh the thirst lives on

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What does ur age have to do with the bar bill? Lol smh the thirst lives on

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm going to buy the package before we sail, so I can get double RCL credit on my credit card and then take that credit and have it as onboard credit to help pay for excursions and renting the flow rider. If I could prebook the flow rider I would. They would not let us do that last time.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Six $8 drinks plus gratuity is $55. If you could drink 8 before breaking even they would have to average $6 each, and I don't think that's possible. 8 if you drink nothing but beer works.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I think the 6-8 estimate assumed you would be mixing beer in with your liquor orders.

What does ur age have to do with the bar bill?

I think the implication is that younger people tend to have a higher tolerance, drink more than older individuals. This is obviously a gross generalization, but I can see the poster was implying $400 was on the higher end of a bar bill in his post.