kids on cruises

ritarose

Where are you going as that will make a difference on a lot of things. We just took an Alaskan cruise on the Diamond Princess and took my six year old son. He loved the kid's programs and we were going to take him off at the various ports and once we got going he only went off at the first port and stayed on for the rest of the ports. I have posted the patters from Alaska for the kid's programs. It varies depending on which ship you are on and where you are going but this might give you an idea. http://community.webshots.com/user/loricrosby. With that many people you will probably need a bigger cabin anyway. We stayed in a balcony that slept three. My son loved the way the bed came out of the ceiling. I took a picture of that and you can see it in the pictures. We loved having a balcony and my son could just barely see over the railing when he stood next to it. He was only allowed to kneel on the chairs so that he wouldn't be to tall.

The food on the ship for kids was very kid friendly. He loved the fish sticks and spaghetti. The love boat volcano was his favorite. Basically a small banana split. I have heard the chicken strips are great. I made a copy of the kid's menu.

we have not picked a line yet, thought I would get some input for 4 different lines, 3 of which we have cruised recently, and also Carnival as I heard they have a good kids program. (although their reputation of party ship sort of turns me off) we would get 2 cabins, 2 adults and 2 kids in each. I bettr get serious, as Spring Break will be busy time for cruises and flights, I am sure. thanks for all the suggestions. would love a balcony but not sure if we should do that, all kids dare devils, even little one, she loves jumping in deep water in pool!:)

Archived