Sunshine new cabins

bibbysnow

They stretched it. They took 12 humungous tug boats, put six on each end and ........ well you know what happened. At first they broke several chains and straps but in the end, they accomplished it.:D

In reality, they didn't stretch it or make it taller. They took public areas away and made rooms.

They stretched it. They took 12 humungous tug boats, put six on each end and ........ well you know what happened. At first they broke several chains and straps but in the end, they accomplished it.:D

FYI, when Royal Caribbean refurbished Enchantment of the Seas they cut the ship in half and added a "piece" in the center, therefore they "stretched it".

Edited by bibbysnow

I believe that the spa rooms were added to increase in height. From what I understand they are brand new rooms.

That's what I was hoping. We are staying in a spa cabin in February. I didn't think that Destiny was that tall.

Edited by bibbysnow

I recomend you bring something to tape over the vents they added in all the doors. I never thought of myself as a light sleeper and have had rooms right by the elevator before with no problems. But I heard everyone going up and down the halls all night! I tried construction paper that I had brought for a door decorating contest but it wasnt heavy enough to block the sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-using Forums mobile app

When we booked the other day my pvp, tried to get me to book an inside forward cabin on lobby deck 3 but chose not to because it looked like it was under the liquid lounge.

They are under the Liquid Lounge. We just got off the ship and stayed in cabin 3115. A couple of nights we could hear some of the music (more like thumping), but not to bad and not enough to keep us from sleeping.

Bibby, fingers crossed, my husband and I will be on the same sailing in February in a spa room. I have read/heard that out of 10, 11, and 12, only 11 has covered balconies...Do you know anything about that? I burn so easily that an uncovered balcony would be worthless to us!

Thanks!

They are under the Liquid Lounge. We just got off the ship and stayed in cabin 3115. A couple of nights we could hear some of the music (more like thumping), but not to bad and not enough to keep us from sleeping.

What's your opinion of the new cabins? I will be in 3105 this Sunday.

Thank you for posting!! We have 3128 booked for next September. They look like such nice rooms, but I have only seen a couple of reviews. Both have been positive, so I feel much better.

What's your opinion of the new cabins? I will be in 3105 this Sunday.

Ours was one of the 4J Inside with obstructed/walkway view. It was a decent size and had a couch in addition to two twins/king. There was also a frig (I expected a minibar, but there was nothing in it so we used it for our stuff). The flat screen TV had a picture much better than previous cruises. Not quite HD, but the network stations were digital and very close. The view was partial obstructed by the lifeboats, but not completely blocked. There is a walkway outside the window and people will walk by.

Ours was one of the 4J Inside with obstructed/walkway view. It was a decent size and had a couch in addition to two twins/king. There was also a frig (I expected a minibar, but there was nothing in it so we used it for our stuff). The flat screen TV had a picture much better than previous cruises. Not quite HD, but the network stations were digital and very close. The view was partial obstructed by the lifeboats, but not completely blocked. There is a walkway outside the window and people will walk by.

Ours did not have a fridge, non of our groups did which was one of the things we all discussed that we disliked... We were all over the ship when it comes to rooms so we just assumed non of them had fridges... HMM....