Caribbean Princess cruise 2014

cheezz

Since I can't find where to post photos and videos, I will just do it here! We just got back from a Jan. 11, 2014 cruise to Roatan (Honduras), Belize and Cozumel.

Photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151904863522253.1073741845.554687252&type=1&l=6c3453ed85

video of our cabin:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151905041077253&l=5497389587710320503

Since I can't find where to post photos and videos, I will just do it here! We just got back from a Jan. 11, 2014 cruise to Roatan (Honduras), Belize and Cozumel.

Photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151904863522253.1073741845.554687252&type=1&l=6c3453ed85

video of our cabin:

We are taking this cruise in March. Thanks for sharing!

Photos:

video of our cabin:

I was on the same cruise with you and really enjoyed your photos as you went to places I didn't. I managed to avoid getting soaked by the rain in Belize thankfully as I was on an airboat excursion untouched by the downpour. My camcorder got splashed a lot but he laughed it off.

I noticed you got a shot of a couple of Frigate birds- I will have a review up soon where I got some close-ups of them. I think there were 9 of them and they stayed with the ship for over two hours, some of them enjoying the hot updraft from the funnels. Watch this space..but carry on with your life in the meantime as it might take me a while.

I enjoyed the cruise, delays notwithstanding, and hope you had a great time too.

Norris

I was on the same cruise with you and really enjoyed your photos as you went to places I didn't. I managed to avoid getting soaked by the rain in Belize thankfully as I was on an airboat excursion untouched by the downpour. My camcorder got splashed a lot but he laughed it off.

I noticed you got a shot of a couple of Frigate birds- I will have a review up soon where I got some close-ups of them. I think there were 9 of them and they stayed with the ship for over two hours, some of them enjoying the hot updraft from the funnels. Watch this space..but carry on with your life in the meantime as it might take me a while.

I enjoyed the cruise, delays notwithstanding, and hope you had a great time too.

Norris

Frigate birds!!! We wondered what they were and no one seemed to know. Thanks :)

Yes, we had a great time. It's always nice to have a mom/daughter get-away since we live so far apart.

Edited by cheezz

Hi Jeffry,

Houston, to me, is an ugly city. The port is not pretty but then, what port is?! Keep a close eye on fog as that seems to be a major problem OFTEN in that port. Sign up for the email notifications from Princess, or whatever you need to do so you don't sit around for 4 hours like we did. We always manage to have a great time, regardless of delays, weather, crabby passengers, etc. :)

Great review! thanks! We are taking a private tour in two weeks while in Roatan?would you remember he name of the beach and restaurant you were taken to that was not awash with tourists? Again thank you for the positive interesting review,:)

Hi Jeffry,

Houston, to me, is an ugly city. The port is not pretty but then, what port is?! Keep a close eye on fog as that seems to be a major problem OFTEN in that port. Sign up for the email notifications from Princess, or whatever you need to do so you don't sit around for 4 hours like we did. We always manage to have a great time, regardless of delays, weather, crabby passengers, etc. :)

You obviously have not seen the right parts of Houston! Houston is a very beautiful city with friendly and warm people. It is a great place to live and raise a family!

Hi Jeffry,

Wow- I am very surprised to hear you say Houston is ugly. Clear Lake was beautiful and when I got off the ship I stayed in downtown Houston (Lancaster Hotel) and fell in love with the architecture, the clean streets, the restaurants and theaters (World class Opera) and the fountains and river. I will be posting photos towards the end of the review I have just started. I want to see more of it!

Norris, loving the tiny bit of Texas I have seen

I'm a Houston native and my feelings are not hurt. The terminal is in the Pasadena city limits... and even we joke about Pasadena :)

Not the best smelling part of our area, but my Dad would have said "smells like money" because it's where all the oil comes in...

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

• 2 weeks later...

IDKaren!

Sorry, I just saw this question...our tourguide, Rolando, was hired through TropicalRez and the beach was Palm Beach. It is privately owned and you pay $5 to spend the day there. It was really lovely and the water was very shallow for quite aways (to our knees) with a little island you can walk out to and explore (watch out for the crabs - I stepped on it and it repaid me with a pinch). The little restaurant (read: shack) is the ONLY building on the beach. They make a mean chicken quesadilla, but will cook you anything they have the ingredients for, then bring it to you as you lounge by the water. Get a massage....fabulous!

Thanks for posting your review with pictures and videos. Everything looks so nice.

Sorry about the delay your experienced in your embarkation. Dense fog is an unfortunate problem with any port of embarkation/debarkation. The port authorities know what's best when they make decisions for delays.

We learned a long time ago that there is no such thing as a perfect cruise so we pack a lot of patience when we travel.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Hi Jeffry,

Nothing in the great wild world is uglier than LA. Houston is not Florence but what is?