Jewel inside sideways cabins

stobrien

We are booked in stateroom 9123 which is an interior that is sideways for our upcoming cruise. I will be able to tell you about it after the cruise. I will even take pictures.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We just got back from the Dawn and we had our first inside cabin (we have always had balconies or higher before), and I made it a point to get a sideways cabin. I was pleasantly suprised by the room, and we were more than happy with our choice for the week. I do believe the sideways cabin lends to more open moving around space compared to a standard inside.

The sideways inside provides a clear area at the base of the bed against the corridor wall (where the entrance door is), that helps out when multiple people are trying to get dressed and ready at the same time. The other side also has more of a clear area at the base of bed before the square table compared to a standard (where the edge of the table is literally touching the base of bed). With the standard inside the areas at the base of both beds are taken up by the vanity and the square table, so there is not much walking around space at all. In the sideways cabin the vanity is behind the TV, and is in plane with the wall, verses the standard which is a corner vanity. I also liked that the closet and bathroom were technically around the corner from the entrance door, so in case your room steward walks in (this happens) you can technically be shielded from view when changing, where in a standard you are wide open with no where to hide. It can get a bit congested when someone is at the vanity, and in the bathroom, or trying to get to the closet, but I think you have the same issue with this in the standard as well.

I have pictures of all of this, but I have yet to learn how to upload pictures. We would go with a sideways inside again if we are on an itinerary that we have done before, or if we know the weather is not keen on outdoor living. However, if there are new sights to see we will still stick with the larger balconies, mini suites or suites, depending on what I can find the best deal on.