NCL Sun Penthouse Suite 8202 video

Mainah

We had Penthouse Suite 8202 on the Sun this last December over Christmas. Before the cruise I had looked for pictures and videos of this suite and could not find much so I took a video while on the cruise and thought I'd post a (youtube) link to it here in case anyone would like to take a look. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

We had Penthouse Suite 8202 on the Sun this last December over Christmas. Before the cruise I had looked for pictures and videos of this suite and could not find much so I took a video while on the cruise and thought I'd post a (youtube) link to it here in case anyone would like to take a look. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks so much for posting this video. I am going to be in the Penthouse Suite 9001 in March. My travel agent warned me that there would be times that captain would not allow people in these cabins to be on their balconies. Did you ever experience this?

I sometimes like to sleep at night with the balcony door open and hear the waves. I am guessing that the position of these cabins would make it too windy for that?

Did you have breakfast and lunch at Il Adagio. If so, how was it and what was your favorite?

Was there reserved seating in the theater for suite guests?

Thanks again for posting the video.

Denise

We will be in 8202 very soon!!

How windy was the balcony- could you be comfortable using it during sailing?

Will miss the Lavazza coffee maker- were you even offered to bring one in and set it up someplace?

Did the jacuzzi tub work well? (looks like we could live in the bathroom dressing area)

thank you for taking the time for the video- first time I have really seen the Suite- wow- makes the excitment even more- last time on the Sun was in 2006, had a mini and thought it was the greatest- have been in Suites on other NCL Ships but this one looks like the best!!

Thank you for posting the video. We will have our first suite experience on the Sun in March. We'll be a couple doors down in 8003. Who was your Butler? Did you ask for anything different? I would be interested in a review especially how the concierge and butler enhanced your cruise.

Thanks so much for posting this video. I am going to be in the Penthouse Suite 9001 in March. My travel agent warned me that there would be times that captain would not allow people in these cabins to be on their balconies. Did you ever experience this?

I sometimes like to sleep at night with the balcony door open and hear the waves. I am guessing that the position of these cabins would make it too windy for that?

Did you have breakfast and lunch at Il Adagio. If so, how was it and what was your favorite?

Was there reserved seating in the theater for suite guests?

Thanks again for posting the video.

Denise

We never experienced the captain telling us we couldn't use the balcony however the bridge did call down one night to ask us to turn off our balcony lights.

The only time it was too windy to keep the balcony door open was during the first 2 days of the cruise when the seas were pretty rough. Every time I opened the door things got blown around quite a bit (didn't prevent me from using the balcony though :) ).

We had breakfast and lunch at Il Adagio quite often. It was a great perk to have. We basically liked everything we had. One of my favorite breakfast dishes was the Crab Benedict (I think that is what it was called). We found the food at all the places we ate from the MDR's to East meets West to be very good. The desserts however were not so good but who needs dessert anyway? ; )

Yes there was reserved seating in the theater for suite guests. It was on the second level on the far right.

Hope this helps!

We will be in 8202 very soon!!

How windy was the balcony- could you be comfortable using it during sailing?

Will miss the Lavazza coffee maker- were you even offered to bring one in and set it up someplace?

Did the jacuzzi tub work well? (looks like we could live in the bathroom dressing area)

thank you for taking the time for the video- first time I have really seen the Suite- wow- makes the excitment even more- last time on the Sun was in 2006, had a mini and thought it was the greatest- have been in Suites on other NCL Ships but this one looks like the best!!

As I noted in my above post it was very windy on the balcony during the first 2 days of the cruise because of rough seas/storms in the area. I still used it though because when I sat down in the chair/lounge the solid front railing protected me from the wind. After the seas calmed down it was very nice to be out there and the wind was not a problem at all. Actually I didn't like not being able to see over the top of the solid railing while I sat so got the seat cushions from the couch and chair from inside and built the chair and/or lounger up with these so I could see out over the railing. I called them my ghetto chair and lounger ; ).

We were not offered a Lavazza coffee maker. I didn't even think to ask as I was under the impression that there were none on this ship but I could be wrong.

The jacuzzi tub worked only too well! I turned that thing on and it was like jet engines coming alive in the water!

Thank you for posting the video. We will have our first suite experience on the Sun in March. We'll be a couple doors down in 8003. Who was your Butler? Did you ask for anything different? I would be interested in a review especially how the concierge and butler enhanced your cruise.

Our butler was Constancio and he was excellent! We didn't really ask for anything different per se but he brought us breakfast a few times and we had dinner in the room with my sister and her boyfriend one night which he served to us course by course. That was very special. He is a very nice and warm individual really couldn't ask for a nicer person! We didn't use the concierge much at all, just for priority disembarking at the ports and when we returned to Miami however he was also very nice. In fact 99.9% of crew we came into contact with were great. Always a good morning, hello, good evening with a smile, from the people cleaning the stairs to the officers.

Thank you for your postings. My wife and I will be in Suite 8003 during the February 13 sailing, and your inputs were very insightful.

Does anyone have any experience in sailing in Suite 8003? How does it differ from Suite 8202 described above?

Thanks for the video. It seems to be really hard to find pictures of the Sun cabins. I have one picky type question for you. I noticed that the tub and shower had lotions or shampoo attached to the walls. Did you also receive the small bottles of Elemis products like we've gotten on other ships or were the large containers the only thing provided.

It'll make a difference in my packing, so I appreciate any help.

Thanks for the video. It seems to be really hard to find pictures of the Sun cabins. I have one picky type question for you. I noticed that the tub and shower had lotions or shampoo attached to the walls. Did you also receive the small bottles of Elemis products like we've gotten on other ships or were the large containers the only thing provided.

It'll make a difference in my packing, so I appreciate any help.

We did indeed have the Elemis products. IIRC they were bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. Very nice products IMO.

Thanks so much for posting this! I sailed in this cabin last year and liked it so much I've got it booked again for next year. :) Interesting to note that they've removed the espresso machine - when we were on the Sun it was rather awkwardly placed on that little table at the end of the wall of cabinets. As long as there's the small coffee pot, I think we'll manage to survive, though. :D Can't wait to sail again!

We never experienced the captain telling us we couldn't use the balcony however the bridge did call down one night to ask us to turn off our balcony lights.

The only time it was too windy to keep the balcony door open was during the first 2 days of the cruise when the seas were pretty rough. Every time I opened the door things got blown around quite a bit (didn't prevent me from using the balcony though :) ).

We had breakfast and lunch at Il Adagio quite often. It was a great perk to have. We basically liked everything we had. One of my favorite breakfast dishes was the Crab Benedict (I think that is what it was called). We found the food at all the places we ate from the MDR's to East meets West to be very good. The desserts however were not so good but who needs dessert anyway? ; )

Yes there was reserved seating in the theater for suite guests. It was on the second level on the far right.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your answers to my questions and all of the other ones too.

One more question please. Do you know if the WiFi was good in your cabin area?

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your answers to my questions and all of the other ones too.

One more question please. Do you know if the WiFi was good in your cabin area?

Thanks again!

Unfortunately I don't know about the WiFi as we didn't use it. Sorry about that!