Anyone ever been upgraded TWO categories?

zaknzoey

I love these discussions about upgrades! Gets me excited...

We booked an oceanview GTY on last year's Feb break cruise on Navigator and were assigned an E balcony on the hump!

A few of you have mentioned the timing of the upgrades, but I'd love to know more. About when did you get these upgrades? I'm 26 days out to our sailing on Allure and there's been 15 empty JS for months now!

Also, what has been your experience with GTY upgrades, after rooms have been assigned. We are currently booked in a balcony GTY and were assigned a D4 room shortly after booking. Anybody ever been booked in a GTY and then reassigned to a higher category closer to sailing?

Love to roll those dice!

From a JS to an Owners Suite. Wanted to give us a Grand Suite, we said why not an Owners. They said that was ok. We then tried for the Royal Suite. They told us they never upgrade to the Royal Suite.

Proving once and for all that beggars CAN be choosers! Nice upgrade!

You know I think normally, upgrades are done one category up, until they shuffle enough folks around to empty out the cabin categories they know are selling well for that cruise. When I got mine, I noticed there were no OVB left to book, but bunches of Jr suites and I was booked in an OVB.

But occasionally I have to believe in the case of big upgrades from OVs to CLS and the like, that someone above C&A is making those calls based on on board expenditures...I've often said that in Vegas and other places, "whales" get upgrades and I think that happens when you read these real "rags to riches" upgrade stories!:D But good for them, in any case, there is no magic formula;)

And what makes you think she'll ever come back to respond?

We're only Diamond but have never been upgraded. On our first (and last) HAL cruise, we were upgraded from an ocean view to a balcony - our first and never went lower after that, so I guess there is something to it.

Just havin' a little fun. :D

Oops.

Almost forgot.

I went from an oceanview on Deck 2 to a Junior Suite on Deck 7 two weeks ago on the Independence.

It was schadenfreude.

Lots of people missed the ship on January 4th because of bad weather on the east coast. Many people caught up with the ship in St. Maarten. When someone didn't, I got their cabin for the rest of the cruise.

:D