Cell phones on board

pearose

Hi everyone! I dont plan on using my phone at all on my cruise, however do want to use my iphone for all my photos. Will I be charged roaming charges if my phone is kept on during the cruise? what is the best way to not get any fees...but use the camera all week? Sorry if this sounds silly or if an answer has already been posted!

Hi everyone! I dont plan on using my phone at all on my cruise, however do want to use my iphone for all my photos. Will I be charged roaming charges if my phone is kept on during the cruise? what is the best way to not get any fees...but use the camera all week? Sorry if this sounds silly or if an answer has already been posted!

I remove the SIM card , tape it to the back of a credit card I will not be using, for safe keeping.

This way you have zero risk of unexpected charges

Put it in airplane mode.

Put it in airplane mode.

We are from Canada and took our iphone5 on our last cruise... Put it on airplane mode, turn off cellular data and take all the pictures you want. When I got home, all my pictures magically appeared on my ipad via photostream! Absolutely no extra charges if used this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was charged $.50 per text out and text received. From cellular at sea. On my phone bill

The fees vary by provider. Whoever your provider is, they charge 0.50 to send and receive text (sounds like T-Mobile or ATT).

Verizon charges 0.50 to send and 0.05 to receive.

So if you post prices, also post who your cell provider is because prices will vary. It doesn't matter that the actual comms are through Cellular At Sea. Each provider has a separate agreement with them...