Liquor from San Juan

joefresh

unless you hit St Thomas, I do believe that the limit is still only one bottle per person over the age of 21. If you stop in St Thomas , then the limit goes to 4 per person over 21. However, this is just the duty free limit. You can buy as many as you want and the ship will store them for you. You can pay the duty if customs wants you to when you return to your departure port and the duty is roughly 1.50 to 2.00 per bottle. Its based on the proof. I've come back with as many as 18 bottles, 8 which were duty free and customs did not charge me the duty on the extra bottles. Declare every single bottle you buy over the limit though so they see your being honest.

I double checked. If your not going to the Virgin Islands, its 1 litre duty free. Don't know about shipping from a store though. I always drive to the port when I know Im going to be loading up.

Edited by gkrebs

One of our stops is in San Juan, how many bottles of liquor can I bring back. Is there any place (store) that will ship, I know I can not mail it but thought maybe they could.

Mailing liquor home depends on your home state, not the beginning point. In Pennsylvania, it's a HUGE no-no.

I assume that you want to know how much you can bring back DUTY FREE.

You can bring "as much as you want" and pay duty on it.

Duty-free, the limit is one liter per adult 21 and older.