Sailing Eden Martin Huahine

Mai Tai Guy

Has anyone gone on the Eden Martin charter in Huahine? I read a good review about it from another cruiser and was wondering if anyone else had done it. We would only be able to do the half day sail in order to get back to our ship in time.

Hey there..I actually looked into the Eden Martin a few months back but decided to go with Marc's motu picnic there instead. The charter looked good but from what I gleaned in my emails back and forth with the owners..we would have to get ourselves from the ship dock to where they were located..which would have involved a bus or Le truck I believe..and they also did not provide any food..I think maybe just drinks..so we would have to have supplied our own food to bring along..and we also would have had to cut short to get back to the ship..so it seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. It may be different..don't know..but that is what I got.

My CC roll call group is actually chartering a catamaran in Raiatea instead. I found Tane Charter while surfing the web. I never found anything on CC about them...but I contacted them and set up a deal for our group to do their afternoon sailing combined with their sunset sail for a great group price of $80 rather than $120 this would have cost if we booked the separate afternoon sail and separate sunset sail. So basically we get the charter from 1-7pm(usually the sunset sail part is 4-6pm..but since the sun sets just around 6om, they will make sure we get to see the full sunset!) and they allow a max of 16 people and we managed to get 16 people in our roll call..so we get the whole charter to our group. They pick you up at the dock, we snorkel and sail around..they will give us homemade cakes and fruit juices and fruit to start and then in the late afternoon/evening, they said some more snacks and cocktails.We don't visit vanilla or pearl farms like some other excursions do, but we will probably find a vanilla farm in the morning before we sail.

We are on the Sept 1 sailing, so if you are going after me, I can definitely post a review and let you know how it went. So far Christian and Martine have been great to contact via email and setting up this special deal for our group.

Here is their website:

http://www.raiatea.com/tane/

You can see what they typically offer. Also..if you happen to want to email them, Christian told me they will be away from email in August while they are on a sail for the month..so you may not get a reply after the next week or so..until September.

Anyway..my 5 cents...

Archived