Palace Resorts - Bad news

Fila

This information was taken from another website.

==========================================

So, as far as Palace goes, I did get an email from someone with an update via their Miami corporate office. I feel sorry for the service staff who worked at Xpu-Ha "Palace"...they are probably all out of jobs. Here's the report that came to me via email:

"OK just got off the phone with Palace in Miami.

No damage to “Cozumel Palace”. No mention about “Playacar Palace” (probably because uninhabited).

Half of Aventura Spa Palace is damaged (un-bookable).

Xpu-Ha Palace is “gone”!

All the customers from the Aventura and Xpu-Ha Palaces are at the Moon Palace, which was undamaged. All 3 of these resorts were operating at close to 100% occupancy, but hardly any of the staff have been able to get to work. Miami told us they have 10 waiters and one chef at the Moon Palace right now."

So, as far as Palace goes, I did get an email from someone with an update via their Miami corporate office. I feel sorry for the service staff who worked at Xpu-Ha "Palace"...they are probably all out of jobs. Here's the report that came to me via email:

No damage to “Cozumel Palace”. No mention about “Playacar Palace” (probably because uninhabited).

Xpu-Ha Palace is “gone”!

All the customers from the Aventura and Xpu-Ha Palaces are at the Moon Palace, which was undamaged. All 3 of these resorts were operating at close to 100% occupancy, but hardly any of the staff have been able to get to work. Miami told us they have 10 waiters and one chef at the Moon Palace right now."

Fila, would you please quote a source? From my understanding, no structural damage was done to any resorts in the Mayan Riveria and the only resorts that are closed are the ones in Cozumel because they don't have power.

Rumors run rampant about these sort of things and living in a tourist town and having lived through many hurricanes, tourist destinations need tourist $$$s after hurricanes.

Thanks.

Xpu-Ha Palace is “gone”!

I just got off the phone with the Southeast Regional Director and she told me that at this point, they still don't know what is going on with all the resorts because several still don't have electricity. Xpu-Ha Palace is still there but damaged.

I am a TA and have clients there now, and some that were supposed to leave tomorrow. The news we are getting is there is no electricity, no water and is extremely dangerous as there are power lines down everywhere. Poles snapped in two. All of my clients have had to cancel.. I still have a few crazy enough to want to go :) I am too scared to recommend it. No word on which hotels are damaged, though I do know one of them had its roof blown off... maybe that was Xpu Ha??

I read in Newsday that the Copacabana had it's roof blown off. It will take a few days to clean up. I am looking into staying at the Xpu-ha Palace next winter. I am sure things will be fine by then. Mostly water damage, broken windows and thatched roofs to mend. The moon palace is beautiful too and was not damaged. Last year, I was in the Bahamas in October (NCL Dawn) a month after one of the hurricanes hit there and the only noticeable evidence was to the palm trees, it takes time for the vegetation to grow back.

I am glad no one was killed.

Archived