Wine package

jamespmc

We had it on the Pacific 18-day TA last month. It wasn't advertised anywhere that I saw, nor did our waiter mention it, but he managed to produce a bedraggled piece of xeroxed paper relaying the basic information re prices and rules when I asked about it.

It was a very good deal, I thought. I did the math (before I started wine drinking, not after!) and was quite pleased with how much I saved, especially with paying up to a slightly more expensive wine a few nights.

I do wish they could load it onto your cruise card . . . every formal night, without fail, I forgot to transfer the punch card from my "regular" evening bag to my "formal" evening bag. And inevitably, every formal night was a new-bottle night. One benefit of being in TD: the waiter knows and trusts you!

(That was kind of a long way around to say "yes," wasn't it?!

Edited by rdsqrl

Do they still have wine packages for sale on cruises longer than ten days? We are on the Star for 15 days to Hawaii in April.

We are just off the Grand Princess -15 days to Hawaii and back. They did have the wine package, but we had to search for it. Our server the first evening said it was not available as did the people promoting the wine tasting. But at lunch the following day, our server told us it was available and was able to help us purchase it. The wine list really needs to be updated.

We are just off the Grand Princess -15 days to Hawaii and back. They did have the wine package, but we had to search for it. Our server the first evening said it was not available as did the people promoting the wine tasting. But at lunch the following day, our server told us it was available and was able to help us purchase it. The wine list really needs to be updated.
The wine list has recently had major changes. It was apparently rolled out on the Royal. We have it on the Sapphire on our current Pacific Coastal. Vines isn't offering wine flights on our cruise because they are not fully stocked with the new wines. Because of the location of Vines on the Sapphire and Grand, it had been reported that sushi and tapas were not offered at Vines with drinks. There is a sign there now offering Sabatini Bites. That is apparently what is offered in Vines on the Royal. Might give it a try today to see what they are like.

Do they still have wine packages for sale on cruises longer than ten days? We are on the Star for 15 days to Hawaii in April.

We were on the Golden Princess over the holidays and we purchased the 7 Bottle Silver package. Price with Gratuity was $185.15. We got 6 of our bottles in the Dining Room and one bottle at the Buffet. We also bought 2bottles in Santiago, Chile prior to embarkation. We also picked up another 4 bottles during shore excursions and brought them back to the ship.

For the bottles we brought from shore excursions, security just asked we put it through the xray machines and no fee was collected. Our waiter told us that they (on the Golden Princess) just charge corkage for wine bottles purchased on Shore Excursions IF you bring it to the Dining Room or consume in a public space like the Lounge or Bars.

By any chance do you remember the cost of the wine card on the Grand?

The prices depend on the length of the voyage, and which pkg. Don't know about the Grand but on the Royal 18 day TA there were at least 4 options: 7 bottle Silver, 10 bottle Silver, 7 bottle Gold, 10 bottle Gold. The more you buy, the cheaper it was per bottle. We bought the 10 bottle silver (any wine $29 and less) and it worked out to $18-$19/ bottle. Gold pkg was any wine over $29. And we had to ask for it in the dining room, it was not advertised anywhere we saw. Maybe this has all changed since our October trip?

Berni

We were on the Golden Princess over the holidays and we purchased the 7 Bottle Silver package. Price with Gratuity was $185.15. We got 6 of our bottles in the Dining Room and one bottle at the Buffet. We also bought 2bottles in Santiago, Chile prior to embarkation. We also picked up another 4 bottles during shore excursions and brought them back to the ship.

For the bottles we brought from shore excursions, security just asked we put it through the xray machines and no fee was collected. Our waiter told us that they (on the Golden Princess) just charge corkage for wine bottles purchased on Shore Excursions IF you bring it to the Dining Room or consume in a public space like the Lounge or Bars.

Emerald $387.00 12 Bottles Gratuity Included

Yes. We just got off the Star 15-day to Hawaii last week and purchased the Gold 7-bottle wine package for $217 + 15% gratuity (good for wines up to & incl. $45).

There was a table set up outside the Horizon Court on embarkation day to buy different beverage packages, including the wine package.

Yes. We just got off the Star 15-day to Hawaii last week and purchased the Gold 7-bottle wine package for $217 + 15% gratuity (good for wines up to & incl. $45).

There was a table set up outside the Horizon Court on embarkation day to buy different beverage packages, including the wine package.

In addition to the table near the Horizon Court buffet, you can also order the wine or wine package at your table (per our waiter in the Main Dining Room) in the Dining Room.

Edited by Duane T

That is for the Gold package (up to $45 wines). The 12 bottle Silver package is $282 including the 15% gratuity (up to $29 wines)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And I might add that they need to update their wine list.We were willing to pay more for the $45 per bottle plus add cost for even nicer wines,however the less costly package under $29 per bottle was not appealing to us.

And I might add that they need to update their wine list.We were willing to pay more for the $45 per bottle plus add cost for even nicer wines,however the less costly package under $29 per bottle was not appealing to us.
They are rolling out a new wine list that was introduced on the Royal. Astro Flyer posted information. It has been on the Sapphire for about a month. I took photos and will compare with what he posted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are just off the Diamond Princess - Sydney to Auckland. Wine packages were not offered at all. Having said that we did not go hunting. It was interesting however, that several of the under $29 bottles were unavailable for the entire cruise - maybe that was the reason the packages were not mentioned. The staff were encouraging the purchase of coffee cards and soda cards.