Roll Call Pacific Sun August 31 2005

Rolls

Hi. I'm trying a new ship. The last three years I have taken a cruise on the Pacific Sky, now trying the Pacific Sun. The ship was in Wellington NZ a couple of weeks ago and looked great. Anyone else on this cruise?

Rolls.

Hi Karon, thanks for the good wishes. I see your cruise is for 10 nights also. Mystery Island is a very nice place. We have booked a cabin close to the front of the ship. A cruise a year is a good holiday. The hard part is coming back home. Hope you enjoy your time on the Sun. I'll keep her in good condition.

Roland.:)

We are going on the Pacific Sun on October 19th for 10 days so I will be interested to read your feedback after your trip.

Two of the places we are going to are Ouvea and Wala and I have not been able to find out much about these places. I would be interested if anyone else has been to either of these destinations and what kind of activities are available when you go ashore.

Cheers

We are going on the Pacific Sun on October 19th for 10 days so I will be interested to read your feedback after your trip.

Two of the places we are going to are Ouvea and Wala and I have not been able to find out much about these places. I would be interested if anyone else has been to either of these destinations and what kind of activities are available when you go ashore.

Cheers

Hi. When I return I'll send you some feedback. I have been on the Sky 3 times and enjoyed that ship as it very relaxed and easy to find your way around. I understand that the Sun is the same, only a little larger. I have only sailed out of NZ once and Aust twice. The Australian people look after us NZder's very well while on board. Sorry, I have not been to Ouvea and Wala.

• 5 weeks later...

Cheers

I am going on 19/10 , I haven't been to Ouvea but have been to Wala on the Sky in 2004, Wala is a small Island but the locals are very friendly and have a tour which I enjoyed a lot as it shows you how the people used to live in the past.

We too are going on the Sun 19/10. Have been to Wala in 2004 on the Sky. Unfortunately we didn't go on the tour, though we heard that it was realy interesting, and fun. We spent the day walking and swiming along the beach talking to the locals. You also got the opportunity to see and hold the baby turtles. A local gets the young and keeps them safe, until they are old enough to be released into deaper water saftely, then he goes and releases them in a safe location away from predators. Generally a very nice relaxing day.

Haven't yet been to ouvea, but from what I can tell at www.loyalty-islands.com it is beautiful. am looking forward to going there.

Archived