Balcony on Aloha Deck

SusieCruisie

I am booked on Crown Princess (not sure of my cabin # yet) I know it is mid-ship. I've been reading that some balconies on Caribbean Princess (sister ship) are not private, or covered. I have never had a balcony before, only window, and was looking forward to some privacy. If anyone knows please let me know.

:)

Hi there, I just checked a deck plan for Caribbean as I couldn't find one for Crown. We sailed Star with an Aloha balcony and all of these Grand class ships appear to have Aloha directly under the Lido deck. If this information is correct then your balcony will be completely covered with the Lido overhang, no one will be able to "lean over and see you" like what can happen with a lower deck balcony.

Just to throw in a thought (not that you asked for it..:D ). We have had the Aloha deck balcony and also one on Carribe deck. Yes, the Aloha is "private" but the Carribe is twice the size, half open and half covered. I didn't care for the Aloha deck balcony because of the overhang, it blocked out a lot of the beautiful night sky.

I find the fun thing about having a balcony is meeting people that are out on their balconies. We booked Baja deck again. It provides some privacy but at the same time it allows me to socialize with others on the balcoies for the small amounts of time we spend in the cabin.

Hi Sue, I know i will talk to you later but had to write. Rebecca called with my cabin #. A338. It holds 3 with a roll away bed. GEEZ. She said they roll it in at night and roll it out in the morning.:cool:

Got my cabin # A504, I'm still hoping my balcony is private vs. Larger. From what I'm hearing, sounds good so far.

PS Hi Loviecld, we will talk later, and keep in mind, you cannot go off topic in a post I will start a thread for roll aways soon. Yes I am concerned. Happy Cruising to all!

:)

Archived