Liberty Steakhouse

Nadersmom

We have booked a reservation at the steakhouse on the Liberty for the first night of our cruise. If we decide to go back on another evening, what are the chances of getting in without a reservation? Is a reservation REQUIRED? or just recommended?

As someone who hates to eat dinner late, we always choose early dining. I don't know what time the Steakhouse opens. Are our chances better if we try to get in before 5:00? or is that not even possible?

Thanks in advance !!

Same day would work but not necessarily for times you want.

Go there at dinner time might work or might not but should let waitstaff in DR know you will not be coming.

Thanks! We kind of went back and forth for awhile about that day to go to the steakhouse. I really wanted to go the the MDR the first night, kind of get established with the wait staff we'd have. But I have no confirming information on what night elegant night is on this cruise and I didn't want to go to the steakhouse on that night so the first night fit the bill. Our only sea day is the last day before we return to port and most people say they wouldn't have the only elegant night on that night. ???

I will definitely go to the MDR before dinner on the first night, just to know where our table is for the next night, as well as let our wait staff know we'll be in the steakhouse but will be there the following night.

As for returning to the steakhouse, I'll just go with calling for reservations the morning of if we decide to go a second time.

Thanks!!!

On Liberty in October they had a table set up in different spots around the ship trying to get people to dine there so I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem getting same day reservations.

No kidding? I was under the impression that they would be pretty busy every night of the cruise. Of course, who knows what will change with the new menus. Some people may find they like the food better in the MDR now and not go to the steakhouse. Or vice-versa:rolleyes:

On a seven day cruise the elegant welcome aboard dinner is usually held on the second night of your sailing. The gala farewell dinner normally takes place on the sixth night of your sailing. My family and I normally hit the steakhouse either on the third, forth, of fifth night of a seven day cruise.

The last two times on the Liberty we were able to get reservations the same day with no problem. In fact, the last time we had 6:00 reservations and there were only 2 other tables occupied for the first 45 minutes we were there! We practically had the place to ourselves.

On a seven day cruise the elegant welcome aboard dinner is usually held on the second night of your sailing. The gala farewell dinner normally takes place on the sixth night of your sailing. My family and I normally hit the steakhouse either on the third, forth, of fifth night of a seven day cruise.

Thank you Corby. But we are only going to be on a 5 day cruise.

Day 1 leave Port Canaveral

Day 2 Freeport

Day 3 Nassau

Day 4 Half Moon Cay

Day 5 Sea Day

Debark in Port Canaveral.

Many have said that they probably wont have elegant night on Day 4 and they've also said that because of this, most likely elegant night will be on the day we leave a foreign port the earliest which would be Day 4 (4pm)

I don't think they start doing this 5 day on the Liberty until later this year so no one has been able to tell me for certain based on their own experience