Need Some Help: Balcony vs Deluxe Balcony

RealDeal

Hi everyone. Experienced Princess cruiser here but first-timer booking Royal. I definitely see the advantages of booking a mini over a balcony, but is there really a noticeable difference b/w a balcony and a deluxe balcony? I know the deluxe has the small sofa, but I was wondering about people's preferences for one of these types of cabins over the other.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi everyone. Experienced Princess cruiser here but first-timer booking Royal. I definitely see the advantages of booking a mini over a balcony, but is there really a noticeable difference b/w a balcony and a deluxe balcony? I know the deluxe has the small sofa, but I was wondering about people's preferences for one of these types of cabins over the other.

Any help would be appreciated!

We have been in mini-suites and regular balcony cabins on Princess ships. We booked the Deluxe balcony cabin on the Royal because we want the loveseat. We have always been comfortable in the regular balcony cabin, but missed the sofa in the mini-suite. :D

We booked a deluxe balcony on the Royal, but were on an 18 day Trans-Atlantic and sometimes the weather was chilly for being outside on the balcony. We enjoyed the extra indoor space to move around, and the small loveseat for watching TV, etc. I don't know if I would spring for the extra bucks if I were only on a 7 day cruise in warm weather.

Berni

we will be on the Regal 7 day, originally booked a deluxe but switched to a regular balcony, both on Dolphin, decided that an extra 10sf and a small sofa (instead of a chair) were not worth $250. One thing i liked is the larger angled balconies on Dolphin below the skywalk - the ones by the midship elevators are standard catagory . Mike in CT

The "Deluxe" isn't worth any extra $$. In size it equates to what used to be a normal balcony cabin. Been there. If you want more room get a mini. No matter how you slice it you would get more room in a 2 star hotel.

the "deluxe" isn't worth any extra $$. In size it equates to what used to be a normal balcony cabin. Been there. If you want more room get a mini. No matter how you slice it you would get more room in a 2 star hotel.

lol...

The "Deluxe" isn't worth any extra $$. In size it equates to what used to be a normal balcony cabin. Been there. If you want more room get a mini. No matter how you slice it you would get more room in a 2 star hotel.

I've never been in a 2 star hotel. Thanks for the information. I didn't realize that hotel rooms could be that small. :eek:

Edited by Mom33

I chose a balcony over the deluxe balcony because I like the extra space in the desk, with more drawers, which have been eliminated on one side to make room for the couch. We don't sit around our cabin and when we watch tv at night we do so from bed so never miss the couch. YouTube has some good videos of the deluxe balcony cabin and regular one. Compare them and see what is more important to you.

I chose a balcony over the deluxe balcony because I like the extra space in the desk' date=' with more drawers, which have been eliminated on one side to make room for the couch. We don't sit around our cabin and when we watch tv at night we do so from bed so never miss the couch. YouTube has some good videos of the deluxe balcony cabin and regular one. Compare them and see what is more important to you.[/quote']

Good idea. Just looked at a few.