Falmouth Trolly

tweety33

Anyone taken the Falmouth Trolly from the pier into town? How much was it? How was it? Was it well narrated? Did it make any stops? Did it drop you off back at the pier or could you get off intown to browse on you own then walk back? Any info from anyone doing this would be appreciated.

Yes, we rode the trolly. It was OK. The trolly stop is right in the gates, and part of the Falmouth complex itself - if that's the one you are talking about?

I cannot remember the cost, but it wasn't terribly expensive. I believe the tour was only about 45-60 mins long. It stops at a church, and then winds it's way through town. The commentary is decent - giving you the history of the area and town highlights.

It drops you back off inside the Falmouth port gates.

I would recommend it, but it wasn't really great. Probably a 7/10

I found 2 companys that say they do the trolley tour. One company don't even list prices and does not respond so I believe they are out of business. Then there is another one listed with the same pictures, and they responded saying they do no do them any more. So I think I am out of luck, and need to come up with plan B. Probably have to just walk around and explore Falmouth on our own.

I found 2 companys that say they do the trolley tour. One company don't even list prices and does not respond so I believe they are out of business. Then there is another one listed with the same pictures, and they responded saying they do no do them any more. So I think I am out of luck, and need to come up with plan B. Probably have to just walk around and explore Falmouth on our own.

I'm going to try the Heritage Walking Tour in February.

http://www.falmouthheritagewalks.com

There is also a thread about a self-guided walking in Falmouth. Supposedly you can get a map inside the port gates.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1721498&highlight=self+guided

This company was on Trip Advisor and seems to be still active on their website (falmouth toursbytrolley.com). Was this one of the companies you contacted? They're also mentioned in my Fodor's guide.

Yes that is one of them. They do not list any price on there web site, and they do not respond to emails, and then it says undeliverable, which lead me to believe they are out of business. I found no current reviews.

guess I'll wait till March see if I can find a trolley tour if now will do the suggested self walking tour.

thank you to you both.