Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Another thread is reporting Explorer will run non revenue USA to UK with a dry dock somewhere in between. Surely this cannot be right. What about all the Poms that stay in Florida for the Winter? They need to get home.

I know of a group of 30 Aussies waiting eagerly on this announcement for an Explorer TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Another thread is reporting Explorer will run non revenue USA to UK with a dry dock somewhere in between. Surely this cannot be right. What about all the Poms that stay in Florida for the Winter? They need to get home.

I know of a group of 30 Aussies waiting eagerly on this announcement for an Explorer TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Plus one. I am waiting also :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only basing this on their posting of deck plan dates on the ships webpage link to deck plans.

If they added a cruise at one end I guess the schedule might change.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=EX

Deck Plans

Explorer of the Seas

Deck Plans from 05-Apr-2014 to 23-Oct-2014

Deck Plans from

01-Nov-2014 to 07-Mar-2015

Deck Plans from

24-Apr-2015 to 18-Sep-2015

Updated deployment schedule looks like http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm glad they updated it...I was waiting all week for Tampa sailings under "Short Caribbean" but I guess they will be next week now.

I am tying to book indy for june 2015. It says D1 and E1 are all sold out. for all june sailings. will these be opening up soon r are they really sold out?

I have not followed this too closely, but have heard there are number of guest limits on the various balcony categories. I do not think D1 come up if you are a solo traveler.

I was surprised that I was able to manipulate that on Explorer and got a D1 corner aft as a solo through the search cabin function.

Serenade doing Northern Europe all summer.:)

Serenade is doing mostly Baltics and Russia cruises. I was looking at the Explorer cruise that called on Zerbrugge, Oslo, Rotterdam, Cherbourg, and LeHarve.

Serenade is doing mostly Baltics and Russia cruises. I was looking at the Explorer cruise that called on Zerbrugge, Oslo, Rotterdam, Cherbourg, and LeHarve.

That is funny. That is actually the sailing I booked right away. I did not even look at the name they choose for the sailing. I was just thinking Western Europe with France and Belgium, but Oslo and Southampton would actually be Northern Europe.

That is a unique sailing. It is not easy to find a shorter cruise moving up the western coast of Europe. AIDA the German line owned by Carnival does really well in this region.

I have not followed this too closely, but have heard there are number of guest limits on the various balcony categories. I do not think D1 come up if you are a solo traveler.

I was surprised that I was able to manipulate that on Explorer and got a D1 corner aft as a solo through the search cabin function.

Royal is redoing the stateroom categories and occupancy on their ships

Can you please explain just how you did the search cabin function. I am very upset about not being able to book the rooms that we have always books in the past. Seems like they don't care about us D+ people anymore.

Can you please explain just how you did the search cabin function. I am very upset about not being able to book the rooms that we have always books in the past. Seems like they don't care about us D+ people anymore.

What ship? Is there a specific category or room number you wanted on your sailing? They are redoing the categories.

What ship? Is there a specific category or room number you wanted on your sailing? They are redoing the categories.

I have made fake bookings on several ships and when I put in two people I can't book the room I want but when I put in two children I can.....so therefore I am not able to book my usual rooms anymore.

I have made fake bookings on several ships and when I put in two people I can't book the room I want but when I put in two children I can.....so therefore I am not able to book my usual rooms anymore.

If you call you will be but the supplement might be more

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

Select sailing - Book Now

Correctly select guests / location / discount

Show options

Click on 'D1' or category you want

Select Stateroom

No Thanks upgrade

Change stateroom

'new step needed recently, must both type cabin you want and select correct category'

Select that stateroom

Courtesy Hold or Purchase....

Was surprised it worked for me. Maybe they have cruise by cruise selection on.

Are you referring to the room category? Like D1 or E2? or a specific room number? The room category changes I believe take effect late Spring 2015. So if you are booking a cruise from late April 2015 and beyond the category (D1, E2, etc) may be different.

Or it is very possible they care about the mass quantity of us lowly Golds as they much as they do the D+'s now

Select sailing - Book Now

Correctly select guests / location / discount

Show options

Click on 'D1' or category you want

Select Stateroom

No Thanks upgrade

Change stateroom

'new step needed recently, must both type cabin you want and select correct category'

Select that stateroom

Courtesy Hold or Purchase....

Was surprised it worked for me. Maybe they have cruise by cruise selection on.

Thank you so much, I didn't know about that new step they slipped in there. You really helped me.

RCI has re categorized cabins so that most D-1 and E-1 are 3/4 occupancy. During peak times (US school vacations), singles and couples aren't supposed to be able to book them. I have heard an unconfirmed report that anybody who does book them for the 2015-16 season is subject to being booted out if a 3/4 comes along and they are out of them. That has actually been their policy for some time, but they're trying harder to enforce it.

I've also been told by a business development rep that, if you were able to book a cabin, it does not have a restriction on it and you won't be kicked out (althoughI'm they ALWAYS reserve the right to move you around).

My guess is that the default is to show that all of the cabins are N/A and there is no filter for peak season - it's just too much for the IT department to handle.