Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Another thread is reporting Explorer will run non revenue USA to UK with a dry dock somewhere in between. Surely this cannot be right. What about all the Poms that stay in Florida for the Winter? They need to get home.

I know of a group of 30 Aussies waiting eagerly on this announcement for an Explorer TA.

Plus 2 with Dancing Man for the relocation through the Suez but I hope it will be unlike Raphsody and Century - the 2 ships are missing Luxor and Petra - just can't miss these ports.

I assume some sort of pre announcement for Oz will be done on Facebook with the way Royal market this region.

For example

Have we got 2 new things starting with the letter L for the people of Australia.

or

What is better then one Voyager of the Seas.

or

Can anyone guess what our big double announcement will be?

Friday folly...how about "Royal Caribbean WOWs Australia with fleet review on Sydney Harbour. Four classes of ship from our fleet will rendezvous on magnificent Sydney Harbour, With Aussie favourites Radiance of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas being joined by newcomers Liberty of the Seas and Legend of the Seas in an historic event in November 2015."

Now, where would we put them all? :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plus 2 with Dancing Man for the relocation through the Suez but I hope it will be unlike Raphsody and Century - the 2 ships are missing Luxor and Petra - just can't miss these ports.

Totally agree fantastic ports. Should not be missed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Friday folly...how about "Royal Caribbean WOWs Australia with fleet review on Sydney Harbour. Four classes of ship from our fleet will rendezvous on magnificent Sydney Harbour, With Aussie favourites Radiance of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas being joined by newcomers Liberty of the Seas and Legend of the Seas in an historic event in November 2015."

Now that would be good

One at the quay

One at garden island

One anchored at the zoo

Legend to white bay?

Now that would be good

One at the quay

One at garden island

One anchored at the zoo

Legend to white bay?

Yes, I'm told that Legend fits under the Bridge.

Easy! Party time!! :D

I would've thought the real question is how to choose which ship to be on in that situation?? :rolleyes::D

Bring it on!

We did Luxor and Petra from the Mariner relocation last year. They definitely shouldn't be missed. Not sure why those two ships wouldn't stop at Safaga and Aqaba.

J

I would've thought the real question is how to choose which ship to be on in that situation?? :rolleyes::D

Bring it on!

They could also do it like they did voyager

Two arriving and two leaving

And which ship - tough question

Greg:)

Has anyone seen any hints on any movements for Legend of the Seas going to Asia after 29 April 2015 Fort Lauderdale arrival from the Panama Canal cruise?

I haven't spotted any clues. Thinking about what repo would generate the highest yield:

- Panama transit to San Diego, then a season in Alaska (allowed under new enviro regs?) followed by a trans Pacific to Australia. I want to be on this if it transpires!

- Panama transit to San Diego, then Hawaii and trans Pacific to Sing or HK, then on to Australia.

Rationale:

- Almost all legs will yield nicely for Royal, Asia to Australia being the weakest I'd guess.

- Explorer or Liberty will most likely come via Suez (not westbound around the Horn), so Royal may bring the smaller ship the other way (and it's shorter from the South of the US).

- It is unlikely that any ship will commence a season in the Australian autumn or winter.

Is it at all possible that Liberty could take Explorer's spot at Cape Liberty and do Bermuda through late fall 2015?

Right now I'm about 99% sure Navigator will remain in Galveston and continue to run the same itineraries through late 2015. Maybe will get lucky and they'll throw in a special sailing like they did with Serenade from NOLA this past Dec. Then late 2015 or early 2016 possible Liberty or another Freedom class ship will come to Galveston.

As for the Exotic cruise itineraries, I am guessing those would be French Poly South Pacific? I wonder if that is where Legend will be? If so, then what else for Legend? Will she also mix in some Australia with those? Or will that mostly be Radiance after she finishes Alaska & some Hawaii?

Mariner & Voyager stay with Asia until Voyager transitions for Australia?

Based on Rhapsody's already released 2015 schedule she is transitioning to Brazil and will do South America.

Splendour is headed to Dubai after Europe.

Who will go to NOLA?

I'll be so glad when next week comes. I sure hope it's not delayed again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is it at all possible that Liberty could take Explorer's spot at Cape Liberty and do Bermuda through late fall 2015?

As for the Exotic cruise itineraries, I am guessing those would be French Poly South Pacific? I wonder if that is where Legend will be? If so, then what else for Legend? Will she also mix in some Australia with those? Or will that mostly be Radiance after she finishes Alaska & some Hawaii?

Speculation is Legend of the Seas will be based in Brisbane while in Australia for part or all of her season. Legend would work mainly 7 night south Pacific cruises. Rhapsody of the Seas was too big to use the Brisbane Portside Terminal. Something to do with turning circle and draft. Rhapsody can get under the Gateway Bridge.

Speculation is Legend of the Seas will be based in Brisbane while in Australia for part or all of her season. Legend would work mainly 7 night south Pacific cruises. Rhapsody of the Seas was too big to use the Brisbane Portside Terminal. Something to do with turning circle and draft. Rhapsody can get under the Gateway Bridge.

The captain explained that rhapsody can get up there but was about 30 feet longer than what they allow for the channel because of width if channel and wind issues causing ship broaching

It was up to port manager and they only allowed her up for docking

Legend being smaller is under the limits

Greg

Explorer of the Seas will based in Australia 2015 from November.

Officially announced by Royal.

Do you have a link where this is worded from Royal? I looked over the recent press release about UK & did not find it? TIA

I'm confused???

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=LG&wuc=CAN&SID=P3036322897

length 867ft, draft 24.5ft

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=RH&wuc=CAN&SID=P3036322917

length 915ft, draft 25ft

Legend and Rhapsody have same decks and height (52 meters above water) so I guess Rhapsody sits 0.5 feet lower... how does Legend get under the bridge? Do you have links and statistics to show the differences of these two ships?

This topic reminds me of recent posts that come across as factual that the bigger class of ships can voyage through the new Panama Canal from one end to a other, when it's absolutely impossible at this time to get a Voyager Class or larger ship to sail under the bridge of Americas.

Ok, just googled Gateway Bridge and I see it's 72 meters. Having said that I was on Radiance Dec 2012 and visited Brisbaine... we docked in the industrial area and then drove over this bridge to get into the city. Radiance height is also 52 meters according to:

http://www.royalcaribbeaninternational.com.au/rcfilelibrary/Files/Pdf4/RCI_2012-13_Program_Release.pdf

Radiance is longer so that could've been the factor... sigh, I'm not a port or ship pro, just askin' ;)

I'm confused???

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=LG&wuc=CAN&SID=P3036322897

length 867ft, draft 24.5ft

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=RH&wuc=CAN&SID=P3036322917

length 915ft, draft 25ft

Legend and Rhapsody have same decks and height (52 meters above water) so I guess Rhapsody sits 0.5 feet lower... how does Legend get under the bridge? Do you have links and statistics to show the differences of these two ships?

This topic reminds me of recent posts that come across as factual that the bigger class of ships can voyage through the new Panama Canal from one end to a other, when it's absolutely impossible at this time to get a Voyager Class or larger ship to sail under the bridge of Americas.

Rhapsody can get under the bridge

It is her length that is over the stipulated length to traverse the river due to channel width

She does go up there for dry dock so can go but port authorities won't approve for regular trips is all

Legend is shorter so can go there