Anyone been to Mayfield Falls from Falmouth?

fletch1027

I was looking for a tour from Falmouth, and I was trying to decide between Dunns River & Secret Falls, when a co-worker from Jamaica told me about Mayfield Falls and how it was far superior to both Dunns & Secret Falls.

Looking on a map, it looks like Mayfield Falls is only about 20 minutes farther from Falmouth than Ocho Rios.

Has anyone been there that could give a review how it compares to the other popular waterfalls in Jamaica?

I've been to Mayfield Falls, but it was on a land stay in Negril. It was AWESOME!!!! We loved it. We'd done Dunn's River twice, but never YS or Blue Hole (Secret River). It's kind of like a "hike" up the river. You will have to climb some falls that you'll need help up, and others you just step up. There are little caves you can go into, there's one spot where you go up the falls and you go under and through a little cave/tunnel underwater and pop out at the bottom of the falls again. It was kind of scary, but really fun! (Optional of course). I think the hike/climb took about 2 hrs. We also jumped off a little "cliff" at one point. I think there were about 8 of us in our group and we had a ball. Our guides were terrific. It's really jungly and you totally feel like your in the tropics and far away from home. We were there about 5 years ago, so not sure if it's gotten more popular, but I think it's still pretty much the same. Pretty remote and spectacular!!