Class of Ship Differences

I am looking to book a cruise this summer for a short-getaway-weekend type cruise. I love the ships with the great Promenade all enclosed. The parade and the shops and the restaurants in the Promenade are so much fun!

I know that the smaller ships like the Sovereign class do not have a Promenade like that. Do all other class of ships larger than the Sovereign class have this feature? Is there an easy way to find this out?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I am looking to book a cruise this summer for a short-getaway-weekend type cruise. I love the ships with the great Promenade all enclosed. The parade and the shops and the restaurants in the Promenade are so much fun!

I know that the smaller ships like the Sovereign class do not have a Promenade like that. Do all other class of ships larger than the Sovereign class have this feature? Is there an easy way to find this out?

All Voyager, Freedom, & Oasis have this feature along with the new Quantum class. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=2&snav=4 Edited by FLACRUISER99

I'm not sure that RCI deploys their larger ships for the 3 / 4 day cruises with the exception of the Liberty of the Seas out of FLL. That ship does have a promenade.

The smaller, short cruises attract a little different demographic than 7 day and longer cruises. Much more activity and a younger crowd. They tend to attract pax that live relatively close to the port of embarkation. Many of these people are taking their first cruise and are going to be wowed simply by being on a ship bigger than they ever imagined.

Get a RCI brochure and you will find deck plans for each class of RCI ship and you will see what features each class offers. Vision and Radiance class ships have covered solaria and soaring atriums and offer great views of the sea from throughout the ships but no Royal Promenade. Voyager and Freedom seem to have been designed to draw passengers deep inside the ship away from any connection to the sea. Some critics describe the Royal Promenade less kindly as a giant mall at sea. Oasis class ships offer a unique combination of inside and outside experiences

There's a chart at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Caribbean_International#Ship_Amenities that summarizes which ships have which amenities.

Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis-class ships are the only ones with a Royal Promenade.