Bed/couch layout on Epic

Daisyduke70

Hello, I am wondering how I can find out the layout of our stateroom (9263) on the Epic, we will have our 10 year old on the couch and am not sure what the best layout would be anyway! I guess her being furthest away from the balcony would be preferable so we can still be out there in the evening and not disturb her in her bed by walking past her?? Opinions please!

I have had a search online, but can't seem to find a site with layouts of each cabin...

If you look at the deck plans, you'll notice that the walls curve inward or outward. The outward curve contains the bed, and the inward curve contains the sofa. I looked up your cabin, and it looks like you're in luck! Your bed is beside the balcony, and your sofa is nearest the bathroom.

We just returned from the epic with 3 kids. We had 9249 and 9253 and those were beds away from balcony. 9251 was bed by balcony so yours would be by the balcony. Great area to be in. Right by stair and elevator by directly below the pool area. That's a winner of a cabin. My 3 kids shared one of those and the couch was comfortable for my 11 y/o

Thanks everyone - turns out I got it wrong - I'm in 9261 - doh - which means the couch is by the balcony - I have a happy 9 year old - me not so much - I'll live with it though :D

Great to hear it's in a good area, my TA chose that particular cabin as he looked at the ports we are visiting and worked out that starboard would have us facing the ports mostly.

Can't wait to see the Epic, this is only our 2nd cruise, the first was on the lovely Spirit....aprehensive about a mega-ship, but know DD is going to have a ball (as will we, come rain or shine!!).

Thanks again.

Great to hear it's in a good area, my TA chose that particular cabin as he looked at the ports we are visiting and worked out that starboard would have us facing the ports mostly.

FYI so you won't get disappointed: unfortunately there is absolutely no guarantee of how the ship docks in each port and your TA has no way of knowing which side the dock will be.

Even though the ship might dock on one side more than another in a specific port, they need regularly dock also the other way around because of maintenance issues, mandatory life boat excersices (for the crew) and testing, etc.

I see you are in the UK. Are you doing the Epic in the Med?

If so then it really doesn't make much difference which side you are on for the ports. Demonyte is correct that they do alternate them, but I've found them to be fairly consistent for the last couple of years.

If they are the same, you will be on the right side for Barcelona, and if you are on your Balcony for the sail away you will have a view of the city rather than the sea.

In Naples, the Port side has always been facing the band (Vesuvius etc), so you're on the wrong side for that.

It doesn't really matter where you are in Civitavecchia and Livorno as all you will see is docks. I think we will be tendering in Cannes (although from memory the Port side was facing the land the one time we did it). I've only done Palma one and again the Port Side was facing the city/marina.

One reason for selecting the Starboard side for this cruise is that, as you head north up Italy and then East below France, the land is always on that side. In practice you are generally too far from land to see anything.

Having said all that, I've been on both Port and Starboard, and have rebooked on Starboard again this time. The view of Barcelona from the Balcony is nice and I imagine even if it docked the other way round it would still turn fairly soon.