Ready to Book - One Day Sale worth it?

Catrin

Hi all.....

Ok... I am ready to book our next cruise.. but just got a email for the Carnival one day sale on Thursday.

Have any of you had experiences booking during one of these promotions? Are the prices better.. or is it just a marketing ploy?

I will most likely book through *********** again - but if Carnival has them beat, then I will book through a PVP.

Any Feedback or Info?

Thank you,

Catrin

yes their sales are good. Go thru a discount web agency, give them the promo # , and you may get a better price yet.

I think since Carnival is trying to prevent agent discounting, these 1 day sales are their way of cutting the price

They are better now than they used to be, because it is more difficult to get a discounted rate with all of the hoops you have to jump through... they have these sales a few times a month lately, and I have not really seen anything that would entice me to book... 2 cat upgrade, not interested... but if they are offering a discounted price, you may want to check around with other agencies (you have to actually call or request a quote since they are not allowed to advertise lower prices)... we cannot mention TA names on this board, so we can't tell you who to call... good luck!

I bboked my recent cruise on the Glory during on eof the promotions. I got an instant 2 category upgrade which was nice because that got us a balcony room on the Verandah. Don't worry...it's not a marketing ploy - the promotions are real.

We've booked all of our cruises for the last 4 years through promotions such as that and we've gotten incredible deals. We have one local travel agent who tries to match the price, but sometimes she's just thrown up her hands and said it was too good for her to match and go for it.

Paying Book for a cruise is like paying sticker price for a car. There's always a sale somewhere sometiime that will save a lot.

Just for the record, your Travel Agent will have access to the one day sale rates too. You don't need to us a Carnival PVP if you have a regular travel agent.

Also, be sure your TA checks for resident specials. For the Spirit sailing I will be on in September, there are some folks that booked during a one-day sale and later found that the rate for Maryland residents was even cheaper. Forutunately, they were able to get the rate code switched and saved $200 per person.

Hey Catrin: We got a great price during the 2 catagory upgrade with the

Military discounts Carnival was offering. You have to check to see if your

sailing is eligible for the military discount and if they are still offering them.

They're for active, retired and honorably discharged. My husband was hon disg. and our son is active Air Force right now so we got discounts on both cabins we booked; just put one in each name. Good Luck! :)

Archived