Jeans at dinner in Asia

Lew's cruise

We are leaving next week on a Celebrity Cruise tour and we would like to know if it is all right to wear jeans to dinner in Singapore' date=' Thailand, Viet Nam, Hong Kong and China itself. Anyone with info please let me know ASAP. Thanks![/quote']

Unless you plan on going to very upscale restaurants..jeans will be fine....which we found this to be true on our 2 week land tour of China.

I haven't been to mainland China but for the other ports jeans will also be fine unless dining at more upmarket places. However you may find that in Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam they might be uncomfortably hot even in the evening.

If you are going to be in aircon environments all the time then that's a different story but if you are wandering around outdoors then personally I would find jeans too uncomfortable. Just my 10 cents worth :)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think you would have a problem.

I have ordinary jeans (knock-around types, you know) then have "dress jeans" which look very much like sport trousers.