Dolphin encounter and pictures

tweety33

How long do you have to wait around for the pictures to be ready after you do the dolphin encounter at chankanaab? I want to head back to the ship in plenty of time to spare. Also do they give you actuall picutures to purchase or just a CD, with you on it.

We were just there last week. We did the Manatee encounter in the same area as the Dolphin encounter. When we finished the encounter we went to the gift store where they had many computers set up. Our guide immediately took us to a computer where he displayed the pictures from our encounter. He indicated if we wanted just one picture it was $30 (or something like that). I'm not sure if you just got a print for that price or on a disk.

After viewing the pictures (which were very good) my friend and I selected about 45 pictures. You can choose just the ones you want of your group or all of them. The cost for the two of us was $120 for as many of the pictures on a CD as you wanted. This is expensive, but it was for the both of us and we split the cost. We'll likely never do this again. They do take a lot of pictures, so you'll likely find some you will like.

After we selected the pictures on the computer by checking the boxes of the ones we wanted, our guide completed the order for us. We went to the register, paid for it, then took our receipt to a counter where the CD was waiting for us. They did insert the CD into a player to show us and to make sure it was the correct pictures and the that the CD worked okay.

The process took 20-25 minutes from the end of the encounter to when we had the CD in our hands.

I think you can get prints of individual pictures or a CD of all of them. Pricing (IMO) wasn't that bad. You paid for the CD based on how many people are in your group. According to my notes from June, 1 person was $99, 2 was $119, and 4 was $179. It was DW & I, so we paid $119 and we got 54 pictures loaded on CD (~$2.20/image).

Once you selected everyone in the group and placed the order, it was about a 15 minute wait I think to get the disk.