Cash for Jost Van Dyke bar crawl?

Cougsie

We've got a private boat rented to take us over to the BVIs from St Thomas in four weeks, for a bar crawl, and and wondering what the avg amount of cash we should bring for the day? And do the bars take credit cards, just in case? And do the bars serve food? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

We spent the day at Soggy Dollar. $100 covered drinks, breakfast and a snack for 2. Another $50 for souvenirs. We were there for about 4 hours. Painkillers are awesome. We pulled some Adirondack chairs down to the water's edge and wasted the day away.

They did take credit cards but they double charged us and I had to sort it out when we got back. They were quick to reverse it with bank transaction number.

My favorite place/day of all my travels.

Thanks so much, Shelby!!! A couple of our friends will be very happy to hear about the Adirondack chairs, they were most interested to be right on the beach, and were wondering about the ease of lounging.

The more I hear about Jost, the more excited I am to go... Ahhh, I can't wait to try the famous Painkiller!

Be sure to have cash in case of problems with cards. Not a high tech destination. Soggy has a gift shop anfpd they now sell stuff on their site so it's not as unique anymore. Soggy $ has Omaha Steak burgers and there are a few options there. Don't miss Seddy's One Love, he's Foxy Calwood's son and does great card and magic tricks. The Soggy $ will be swamped, especially on weekends and unless you want that busy vibe you will want to walk away if you want a relaxing spot. Ivan's is a fun spot, you can ask about where it is. And we'd taxi or ride to Great Harbor and enjoy Foxy and have lunch there if you have time or stop there first.

We like Seddy's Bushwacker better than Soggy's Painkiller but you'll have to try both!

Edited by blue_water