Wheelchair accessible cabanas?

bling19572010

I don't have any pictures of #9 and #10 cabanas on Nellie's Beach but there are a lot of them on other posts on this site. We had #10 in September of 2012. It was very nice, although we did not need the accessibility cabana. All of the cabana are the same inside, so any pictures you find of the inside will let you know what to expect. The two cabanas are on the right side of Nellies, looking at the beach from the water. Some of the pictures of the cabanas show these from the water and you can see the ramp that comes down to the water's edge. It is cement with ridges in the cement so it is not slippery. There are pipe handrails along both sides of the ramp. The ramps goes up from the water's edge into the area between the two cabanas and "T's", each sidewalk entering a cabana. If I could figure out how to post the pictures here, I would but I never have been able to figure out how people do that. Just do a search for "Nellie's Beach Cabana Pictures" on this forum and you will find a lot of good pictures.

I don't have any pictures of #9 and #10 cabanas on Nellie's Beach but there are a lot of them on other posts on this site. We had #10 in September of 2012. It was very nice, although we did not need the accessibility cabana. All of the cabana are the same inside, so any pictures you find of the inside will let you know what to expect. The two cabanas are on the right side of Nellies, looking at the beach from the water. Some of the pictures of the cabanas show these from the water and you can see the ramp that comes down to the water's edge. It is cement with ridges in the cement so it is not slippery. There are pipe handrails along both sides of the ramp. The ramps goes up from the water's edge into the area between the two cabanas and "T's", each sidewalk entering a cabana. If I could figure out how to post the pictures here, I would but I never have been able to figure out how people do that. Just do a search for "Nellie's Beach Cabana Pictures" on this forum and you will find a lot of good pictures.

Thanks so much for the info. Are you saying that the

Views of the accessible cabanas are of the beach so the wouldn't be very private?

Cabanas 9 and 10 are the first two in the line of cabanas on the right side of the beach. They are right next to the open beach area. I would say that they are the least private of all of them in that line but we had no problem feeling like we were on display. The Cabana is closed in at the rear and only the "patio" part of the cabana has open railings around it. I would not worry about either of them not being private enough. The view from either cabana is out over the water. You can see the ship docked at the pier in the background and you can see the people using the beach area on Nellies. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I think we had one of the handi cap cabanas. one of our people had a scooter but was able to walk. but due to a heart transplant he could not walk very far. i put pictures on as an attachment, not sure if it will work. there was a ramp going into the cabana anfd one leading to the beach. if you click on it it gets alittle bigger

pizap.com10.80180094437673691393124281892.jpg.217433b958fa64ed9f709c44606b083c.jpg

Edited by kassimer1

You can rent wheelchairs with big wheels that are easy to push in the sand

I don't think the beach wheelchairs are for rent. I think an RCCL person has to push you to your destination and drops you off and you can't keep the beach wheelchair. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. Thanks trew for the comment.