Question about No Single Supplement fares

LMaxwell

If there are cruises with no solo supplement does that mean wifey and me could each book our own rooms and still pay the same rate as if we booked 1 room dbl occupancy? Sounds like a great way to double up on the bathrooms to me; get a connecting room and just use the second room like a second bathroom at home. What am I missing here?

........and if you were both stockholders you could get the OBC for both cabins.

They're trying to fill up cabins. On the West Coast Carnival is competing with Princess's 'free' cruises. The cruisefare goes towards a future cruise.

Isn't that a lot of trouble to go to just to have an extra bathroom that may be located on a different part of the ship ? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, Sadie and I will both be on this cruise. I love the NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT. California, Arizona, and Nevada are still in recession and I think it's because they can't fill their ships on the West Coast. Carnival no longer has the every week Sunday to Sunday Mexican Riviera cruise from Long Beach and Royal Caribbean left a long time ago. CCL used to have 4 ships on the west coast.

Isn't that a lot of trouble to go to just to have an extra bathroom that may be located on a different part of the ship ? :rolleyes:

No trouble if you get a connecting cabin. Why would I book cabins a distance apart from each other.

No trouble if you get a connecting cabin. Why would I book cabins a distance apart from each other.

The NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT cabins are TBAed cabins. You don't get to pick which cabin you want. I booked the IMAGINATION about a month ago and just got notice of my cabin #. Leaving in 2 days.

How long has this been going on? I haven't seen that advertise. Is this just for the west coast residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

for a few months now.

no, it's for a variety of ports / ships:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

NOT for all ports and ships, and the list tends to change a bit and is capacity controlled. good news is though, that they have still been adding more

I just booked a 3 night out of LA for just myself and I got to choose my cabin and there was no single supplement. It was about $20 more than having them assign my cabin, but I was still able to. Maybe that option wasn't available when you booked?

I'm never in my cabin (shower'n'sleep), so it wouldn't be worth the $20 to me. Not concerned where my cabin is located. That giveaway price doesn't allow you to select your cabin.

FWIW, as I recall, one could have added another $20-30 to that giveaway price and received an OV cabin as well.

Don't know where you found the list, but keep updating them if you can or advise me where to find them. I'm cruising in a solo room while my sisters have another cabin. I really wanted to cruise with them so I'm paying thru the nose for the breeze may 10. Really would like a break before final pmt feb 24.

Don't know where you found the list, but keep updating them if you can or advise me where to find them. I'm cruising in a solo room while my sisters have another cabin. I really wanted to cruise with them so I'm paying thru the nose for the breeze may 10. Really would like a break before final pmt feb 24.

i posted this before, this is the list right from carnival...

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

check there.