Atlantis Cruise Shore excursion v's do it on your own

dl803

We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children) travelling on Oasis of Seas and stopping at Nassau 18th May 2104 being in port from 7am to 2pm. We are wanting to visit The DIG at Atlantis and snorkel at the beach. We need your opinion as to whether to do the Cruise Shore Excursion which covers The Dig and Beach (cost $90 adults and $60 children) or somehow get to Atlantis on our own and pay entry to The Dig and then find a decent beach to snorkel. Not sure how much doing it on own own would cost?? Welcoming all opinions please!

Hey, i am in the same situation, except we have about 4 more hours in port. I have been doing a lot of research and w will be checking in(immediately checking out) of the comfort suites (2 minutes from Atlantis) we will need 2 rooms (there are 7 of us) You get 4 free wristbands to Atlantis per room. This gets you into the dig, the pools, the waterpark, the beach..I believe everything except the dolphin experience.

It doesnt sound like you are going to have very much time in port, I would consider just taking a taxi in this case because having to wait in port for the excursion people takes for ever- you could already be there starting your day.

Not sure about snorkeling around Atlantis, I know they have an experience for that at the "ruins" but you can also n=snorkel for free at Junkanoo - not much to see or the public beach a little farther past Junnkaoo.

Are you going to Freeport? IMO Paradise Cove is the best snorkleing. (20 minute taxi ride)

Thanks for the advice and info - appreciate it!

Not sure what you mean by "freeport"….. is that the name of the Port we stop at? Not sure of Port name - just know that it's at Nassau. The cruise we are on is Oasis of Seas if this helps. Sorry new to International cruising.

Thanks…. is Paradise Cove a "free" beach. Still not sure what to do as really wanted to fit in The Dig. Would we be able to purchase tickets just for the dig on the day or are we best just to do the tour organised by the Cruise?

Paradise Cove in Freeport (Nor Nassau) is not free, it is a nice little "resort?" with a reef, beautiful beach and some small shops and food shacks.

If i remember right, it was about 8 dollars for the day to use the beach, but the taxi ride was 16 pp round trip. Of course chairs, umbrellas are extra (I think $20 for both)

You can take a taxi to Atlantis, and purchase a Dig pass on your own. There isn't any beach snorkling there, and the beach the pass provides you is small, I believe, with very big waves. The last two times we were there, you couldn't go in the water - actually the last time, you were not allowed on the beach! We purchased an aquaadventure pass each time, so we just went to another beach - you will not be allowed to do this.

Unfortunately, your short time frame makes the waterpark pass not worth it for you - the slides don't even open until 10, and just getting around Atlantis is time consuming.

You could see the Digs, and then taxi back to the port, and splash around Junkanoo for free. I don't know of any good beach snorkeling.